Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak Security message on iPad running iOS15

MikeNich
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

I've looked at all the various posts on this but I'm still puzzled and unable to resolve the issue.

The iPad (running iOS15) error message reads " Weak Security. WPA/WPA2(TKIP) is not considered secure. If this is your router configure the router to use WPA2(AES) or WPA3 security type'"  There is then an expanded message which goes into greater detail. 

I have a TalkTalk Sagemcom FAST5364 router, and checked the settings set out in MIkem's post on this subject in Sept/Oct 2020, and subsequent posts. The settings he advised (WPA2Personal) are already set up in both frequencies, yet the message is still present. 

There appears to be assumption that this is equivalent to the WPA2(AES) setting that Apple refer to, although it is not possible to select a setting that turns AES encryption on or off. 

Should I be looking to buy a different router with these higher security levels? Can someone at TalkTalk please give a definitive answer and solution to this problem? 

Many thanks

Mike

SailingMike
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Divsec
Community Star
Message 1 of 2

Hi @MikeNich this sticky  might help https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/WEAK-SECURITY-APPLE-DEVICES-POST-IOS-14/m-p/2793348#M33959...

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes