Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the criteria for triggering broadband speed compensation payments and how is it calculated?

timple
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 14

I switched to the 144Meg with the Gfast with estimated speed of 95 to 133 Mbps. 

Trouble is despite having Openreach come out and reposition the Gfast - it never gets near the guaranteed minimum of 95. Here is my latest graph from TT.

On 21st Sep I got a text saying I would get £5.04 back as compensation?

Can I expect that every month if they don't hit guaranteed speeds? What is the threshold? x days out of 30 etc?

graph

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 14

@timple, I gave you the number for contacting by phone in my first reply, back at #3!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 14

Customer support is available by calling 0345 172 0088. Opening hours and Live chat details are available here

Message 3 of 14

I didn't know that was offered. The website seems designed to keep coming back here.....

"Report a fault" goes to https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/

with no obvious way to report a fault. What's the live chat link? What's the telephone number to call?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 14

Support via the forums is optional, you were the one who brought the issue here after all.

If you prefer to use alternative means of support such as phone or live chat then feel free to do 

Message 5 of 14

Well I had the engineer visit - they moved the gfast socket - still not getting promised speeds - I don't know why I cannot seem to just raise a ticket and support has to be done in a semi public manner!

Screenshot 2021-10-12 132631.png

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 14

@timple The team have been waiting for a response from you on your other thread for a while now, I suggest you go back there:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Fibre-150-perfomance-not-what-was-promised/m-p/2809266

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 14

@timple, staff won't be back on here before Monday at the earliest. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Arne - what happens now? I just don't seem to be getting minimum guaranteed speed? I may as well get a reduction in my monthly bill and revert to the previous option which did deliver what it was supposed to.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi timple

Sorry that you are having problems

The credit that was applied to your account was for the provisioning delay on your go live date, and not for the speed issue, I can see you have another thread in the Broadband section for that problem.

Sorry for any confusion. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 10 of 14

Staff will be on here during the day,  @timple.

Please look out for their response. 

0 Likes

timple
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 14

Ok, thanks for the clarification everyone. Is this counted as reporting it?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 12 of 14

Automatic compensation is only applied for complete loss of service / engineers missing appointments /  delay to the start of the service, as described here, @timple

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

If you have problems with the service,  such as this below guaranteed speed issue, Talktalk has 30 days to get it sorted before you can leave, with early termination fees waived.

Other than that, any compensation is discretionary. 

It might be an idea to phone up and ask them directly what they can do about this.

The phone lines are open Monday to Saturday after 9am. 03451 720046

0 Likes

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 13 of 14

I think the only rule is that if they can't get your speed above guaranteed minimum within 30 days of the issue being reported, you can leave your contract without any penalties.

I don't think you are contractually entitled to any financial compensation as such for speed issues in the same way as you are for total loss of service. If they are giving you some compensation, then I'd guess it's by way of a voluntary "goodwill gesture" in respect of your ongoing problem.

0 Likes