Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WhatsApp & Facebook not working on Wi-Fi via Moto G6 Play

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Whilst I am connected to my TalkTalk Wi-Fi on my Moto G6 Play I cannot send or receive photos on WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger (but it does send normal text messages fine)

Also, Facebook's normal app does not load items in the timeline.

If I switch off the Wi-Fi and go on to normal mobile phone data I can send and receive photos and Facebook works, so it's definitely something to do with the TalkTalk Wi-Fi.

On other devices we can send and receive using WhatsApp so I'm pretty sure it's not the Kids Safe filter. we have a laptop which works fine via the wireless so it's definitely something to do with the Moto G. I noticed there is another post on the forum with a similar issue. Perhaps the firmware on the router needs updating?

The broadband was fitted recently so I think it's probably quite a recent router. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi. I saw your post and apart from mentioning what's app it reads the same as my post yesterday. I agree it's the TalkTalk WiFi to blame but whats to blame. I've just finished a very frustrating chat with an advisor who admitted the firmware was out of date. I've asked three times for it to be updated but they want to further tests first. I lost the will so I'll try again tomorrow. I've taken heart from your post as it appears to be the same problem.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks for your reply. Did you manage to get your router firmware updated?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi charlie1974,

I'm sorry for the delay. Just to confirm, which router are you currently using? Is it the new wifi hub or the 3782 or HG633 router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you for your reply, it's the 3782 router.

Highlighted

Hi charlie1974,

Thanks for confirming this. Has this never worked since you've had the 3782 router? Do you have an alternative router that you could test with to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Yes, it has only been installed for 2 weeks and has never worked on the Moto G phone. It works on other devices including a PC and Samsung Galaxy S9.

Highlighted

Hi charlie1974,

I can send you a different make and model of router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Yes please that would be very helpful.

Thank you

Highlighted

OK, I can sort this out for you but could you pop the account holders name in the private notes section of your Community Profile

Thanks 

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you - ive done that. 

Highlighted

Thanks, I've ordered the router, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you, the new router seems to have solved the problem. Many thanks.

Highlighted

Hi charlie1974

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I am having this same problem with my Nokia 7.1 phone and DLink 3782 router, please can you help?

Highlighted

Hi Alanrascal,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Getting the same issue and can recreate it as a hard fault with my Moto g6 Play - and it's the same router 3782.
I have tested this using other public and private WiFi networks and the apps (Facebook, Amazon etc) only stop working when I am on my home network.
Just spent 10 minutes trying technical chat and getting asked about everything else except the router and the phone. 😞