Need help?

Whatsapp and Facebook not working on my new TalkTalk connection

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
piyushksx
Popular Poster

Hello everyone,

Wish you a Happy New Year!

I just started using a new connection with Fast Broadband package and so far the connectivity has been great apart from whatsapp and facebook not working on my wifi.

As soon as I disconnect my phone from the router, everything runs prefectly fine.

I saw many other posts in the community where the problem turns out to be specific to the router 3782 which I have received.

Any pointers? All the solved threads have the same solution of getting a replacement router.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Facebook-owned-apps-Facebook-Instagram-and-pictures-in...

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/WhatsApp-amp-Facebook-not-working-on-Wi-Fi-via-Moto-G6...

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/WhatsApp-Uploading-Video/td-p/2187851

Regards,

Piyush

Community Team

Hi piyushksx,

Happy New Year and welcome to the Community 🙂

Can you add your TalkTalk landline telephone number to your Community Profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Thanks

Chris

piyushksx
Popular Poster

Hi Chris,

I have updated my Community profile with my landline number. But please note I do not have a landline telephone device yet. So use my alternate number in case anyone wants to reach out to me over the phone.

Just so you know, yesterday I had a chat with the technical help team twice they tried their best to resolve this, ran tests remotely but nothing worked for me yet.

Thanks,

piyushksx

Community Team

Thanks for updating your profile 

What actually happens when you try to access Whatsapps and Facebook, do you get any error messages?

Chris

piyushksx
Popular Poster

Hi Chris,

It isn't an error message but total failure of mobile apps to get connected over wifi. I cannot send any messages via whatsapp when I am on wifi, but as soon as I disconnect wifi, all those message shoot right off mobile data connection. The same happens with facebook app on my phone.

I found the exactly similar complaints in the forum which I had put links to in my first post here.

Regards,

Piyush

Community Team

OK thanks. Do you have HomeSafe enabled?

Chris

piyushksx
Popular Poster

Hi Chris,

All my homesafe settings are disabled currently.

I am attaching the screenshot of my home safe settings page.

Regards,

Piyush

Community Team

OK thanks, would you like me to send another router to test with?

Chris

piyushksx
Popular Poster

Hi Chris,

That would be great!

Thanks,

piyushksx

Community Team

OK I've ordered the router, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Thanks

Chris

piyushksx
Popular Poster

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for sending the new router, and it works perfectly fine now! 🙂

Regards,

Piyush

Community Team

Hi piyushksx,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

julicheng
Chatterbox

I'm also experiencing this problem. Can I get some help please?

piyushksx
Popular Poster

Did you have the same router which I had?
If that is the case, replacing the router worked for me and I haven't had any issues since then. 🙂

julicheng
Chatterbox
Hi,

Thanks for replying. I have the DSL- 3782 router. Is it the same as yours? If it is, how do I go about getting a replacement?

Thanks.
piyushksx
Popular Poster

Yes, mine was the same router.
For replacement you need to reach out the talk talk support teams, start a new thread, provide enough context, links to similar issues (you can give this issue's link).
Someone will reach out to you within a couple days, and help you out.

All the best 🙂

Community Team
madjmayhew
First Timer
  1. I am not happy at all with talk talk I have not been with them for 7 days yet and my phone line been cut off and my Facebook has not work or any think like that and went u call they asked me to unscrew my telephone line box and to look and play with the wires that is not my job and I definitely should have been playing around with live wires I'm not happy at all does anyone else get this
Community Team

Hi madjmayhew,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Hasan1
First Timer
Why Facebook does not work
Hello Everyone. I'm Hasan