cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Why does talk talk keep disconnecting my internet ?

6 REPLIES 6
Team Player

Five times today I have had to go up into my loft to power down and reset my router..

It has so far responded to the reset and reconnected me.

I am worried that it might eventually not reset.

I have medical issues and since I am locked down rely heavily on this for my connection to the outside world...not only this but I need it to access a camera which I use to monitor my mother who has end stage dementia..

I am in Swinton Manchester ..

and not sure if this is a talk talk planned maintainance outage ..but is extremly worrying under the current circumstances.

regards

Community Star

Hi @Vipersan,

What exact problems are you getting that require you to reset the router (i.e. do all devices completely lose internet connection, or just go slow etc.)

Are all of your devices wireless, or do you have any wired devices, if so, are the wired devices also affected.

What do the light(s) do on the router when you are having these problems.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two. You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.

Team Player

Thanks for replying..

So far today has passed without issue and need to reset to establish a connection.

Basically what was happening yesterday..

Just internet connection was lost.

My network (fully wired) was not affected ..the led on the router labelled 'internet' normally green & flashing went to solid red ..thus no internet.

switching off the router and on again allowed reconnection to ISP.

rgds.

Community Star
ok, if the broadband light is solid green, but the internet light is solid red then that indicates the router is physically connected ok, but it is unable to log into the TalkTalk network. The staff here will be able to run some test on your connection and your router to try to track down the cause.
Team Player

As I said already..so far the connection today has not dropped.

I have my fingers crossed.

Maybe talk talk were doing maintainance...and maybe if I waited long enough the connection would automatically re-establish.

..but I couldn't take that chance so reset manually.

every time I did this the router reconnected ..but I have no idea why it kept suddenly dropping connection.

rgds

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Vipersan,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing problems with your service.

Your connection appears to have been stable over the last few days, has everything continued to be OK at your end?

Chris

Team Player

So far so good ..my connection is stable atm..

I shsll return to this thread if it acts up again.

rgds