Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have I been forced to join another service provider?

LiamClarke
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Unfortunately, I have been left in a position where I will soon have to leave TalkTalk. A few months ago I began to experience frequent packet loss, any online activity began to grow slower and slower until my network went down and then it would repeat. I measured my connection to see that I was getting packet loss and once it reaches around 25-30% your internet connection will drop and start at 0% again. I called numerous times to be met with a bot or a large queue which I cant argue with at all but once I finally got to a customer service agent, they would always say something about a port that was disabled and has now been re-enabled or something similar but with different context, nothing ever seemed to fix the problem and I believe I was just being let go because my matter wasn't contained in the script. Today I finally met someone who had acknowledged my problem I ran through the script and they said they seen my connection dropping but however, decided to diagnose my problem as hardware, I had two options. Receive knowledge online on how to put a router and DSL cable together or call an engineer that charges you £50 if he doesn't find a problem despite they said the problem was hardware. What am I meant to do?

Liam Clarke
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. The sync speed looks good and the stability also looks ok. Are you connected wireless when you experience the packet loss?

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

It isn't exactly clear what your issue is, but the support team here and others will do their best to help, give them a chance before you jump ship!

0 Likes