Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi down for twenty minutes once a week

TroyGilfeather
Participant
Message 8 of 8

My wi-fi goes down for twenty minutes once a week, at which times I usually am without a phone line. TT Service say my line is good, and that I must have a home fault

Troy Gilfeather
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No, that was not a solution (message 4)

Troy Gilfeather
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 8

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the additional information. Is the router currently connected at the moment? If the voice service is currently ok then we can focus on the broadband connection. Do you have a different router that you can test with?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

17.03.2021  Internet was down again for a few minutes between 0845 and 0851 and 0859 to 0905, showing red/blank then red/white, but not solid red. the dial tone was ok so I was unable to carry out your test with the router disconnected.. 

Now at 18.54 the same with red/white light on router: still got dial tone

Now at 18.55 all ok

now 18.56 intermittent red/blank. still got dial tone

18.57 all ok.

My wife has just commented that this time (circa 17.00 hrs) is a regular time for our outages of internet.

17.00 solid white light

DS

Troy Gilfeather
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi TroyGilfeather

Thanks for your reply.

The line tests are passing - No faults detected.

When you experience the no dial tone fault, have you tested with a corded handset at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

No . It has happened three times at intervals of about seven or ten days, and lasts for about twenty minutes, during which time I usually have no phone connection, and the dect handset at the main inlet says 'line error'. Once I have service back, I ask for a service check which is always 'all systems go', even on the last occasion when it went down again half way through the service check, but ten minutes late said my line was good.

Troy Gilfeather
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi TroyGilfeather

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Does this happen at the same time every week?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @TroyGilfeather,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.