Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Connection

LuditeOct21
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

WiFi Connection - This afternoon working on HP laptop - looking at different sites for lamp bulb converters Edison screw to bayonet etc - with five pages open - I clicked on another item amazon or E-bay or even a Pinterest picture cant remember which all of a sudden dialogue "no Internet connection" - I thought how comes because I was staring at the talk talk router and it showed white LED - supposedly all okay. I opened network & sharing center and it said no internet connection!! I hit the troubleshoot button and after a couple of minutes dialogue box - "your network adapter was set to manually connect to WiFi" "RESOLVED."

The next line said "You are now connected via XfinityWiFi.com" "Select connect automatically XfinityWiFi"

I opened network connections and settings & half way down the third connection point was the line proxy WiFi connection  "Xfinitywifi agreement start 8th October 2021!!

I searched on line XfinityWiFi and asked how it got connected and no response. I asked how to disconnect - was advised you need password. How to get password - you need a Xfinity login name - I have none of these and so am now at a loss and worrying if costs or my WiFi has been hijacked and perhaps a security risk. The web sites say it is public WiFi network and they encrypt every thing but I didn't select it as far as I am aware!!  I don't want it to affect my work laptop nor my mobile phone.  Does any one have any advice please.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi

If you have connected to another wifi on your device, you can go to the network settings and disconnect from the wifi connection and then delete or 'forget' that wifi network.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Sorry, I have now escalated your thread, which hadn't automatically happened, @LuditeOct21.

Please let us know if you still need help. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes