Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi Hub static IP addresses -

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

Please could someone confirm whether the WiFi hub is now shipped with the ability to set static IP addresses? (or at least the FW can be readily updated on setup)

I'm looking to switch back to TT after my street cab has finally been upgraded to FTTC.

I came to the community pages to see how many IP addresses could be fixed, to read the thread  https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/WiFi-Hub-static-IP-addresses/td-p/2208684 stating none! - and that's a dealbreaker...

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Highlighted
Community Star

Yes, the latest firmware (2600) does now support DHCP reserved IP addresses.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mike

I've checked with our Products Team and the Wifi Hub with firmware version 2600 has ability to set static IP addresses.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the swift confirmation...do you also know how many can be assigned?

TiA

Mike

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Mike,

This was actually introduced in firmware 1C00, I don't have enough devices to test, but I think there is no real limit. If you look under:-

Dashboard > Manage my devices > Manage Advanced Settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub > DHCP

DHCP Reserved Ip address List.png

It does not state a limit (I have certainly pushed it up to about 6 devices before).

I will try to find out for you though.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks Keith,

I think you've given me enough confidence to take the plunge.

It's crazy how quickly the No of devices rack up when a NAS & media players get involved, and I've suffered with just the multiroom speakers getting a bit grumpy if not assigned (without the TV's getting involved)!

Much obliged

Mike

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Highlighted
Participant

Keith did you find out if there is a limit?

Highlighted
Community Star

The most recent information that I have is that TalkTalk have tested it with 30 devices & it worked flawlessly. 

Keith

Highlighted
Participant

Great. I'll buy one then. The 8 devices limit on the HG633 is a pain. Thanks for the quick response.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Gobuchal,

Since 'go live' earlier this month I've had 26 static IP addresses assigned. I've been through numerous power cycles of the hub and the correct addresses have been assigned each time.  I've also been powered up for 7+ days continuous with devices being switched off/on at varying times and the IP address table is always as I originally set it.  The only niggle is the known issue of 'friendly name' not sticking, but as the IP addresses have been reliable, I just keep a separate log of MAC addresses for reference.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Amphy 

Thanks for that info, it is always good to hear this from a customer, not just TalkTalk. The friendly names bug I highlighted to the developers when it was first launched. All the talk is that a lot of the bugs have now been fixed in the next release of firmware, currently under test at the moment.

Keith