Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Hub

LizElm
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

New WiFi Hub installed successfully to replace old TalkTalk router but can no longer access the site bridgebase.com from any connected device. All other websites are ok. MS Edge reports "bridgebase.com server IP address could not be found" and "ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED" which suggests a DNS error. I have turned off Kids Safe in HomeSafe but this has made no difference. How can this problem be fixed? Will I hit a similar problem with other websites that I use but haven't needed to visit yet?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi Liz

One of our other community members has had communication with bridge base who said there was an issue at their end that was affecting DNS for our customers and virgin media customers etc.

As a workaround, you can log into the router and change the DNS settings to use google DNS.  These are 8.8.8.8  and  8.8.4.4

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes