Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Optimisation turn off for manual channel selection

Livingstonenow
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

Hi Team!

Please could you turn off the WiFi channel optimisation on my FAST 5364 so that I can make a change to the 5GHz channel and keep it there. My daughter's Samsung S6 mobile won't work on the lower 5GHz channels (reportedly a known problem???) so I want to use one of the higher channels. Each time I've made a manual change the optimisation process has kicked in shortly afterwards. However, scanning of the higher channel selection immediately after the manual change shows a slightly improved signal and better connectivity but I can't accurately verify the effectiveness of the channel change in the time allowed.

Thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No problem Brian, glad to help 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8
Certainly will but as usual, great teamwork so thanks to everyone.

All the best
Brian
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Livingstonenow,

Just let us know if you need any further assistance 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8
Good Morning Ady, and thanks for the change. I'll let that settle and then see how it works out. Not sure about the apocryphal reports from Samsung users re an inability to sync using low 5GHz channel numbers but I'll explore that theory a little more. Meanwhile, everything's working so let's wait and see. Thanks again. Have a good one...........

All the best
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Livingstonenow, I've made the changes for you, but the 5ghz is showing congestion across the board and the system is reporting that current channel is likely to remain the best.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8
Thanks Keith
Kind Regards
Brian
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

I will ask the OCEs to turn this WiFi optimisation off for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?