Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi hub router with wireless range extender?

BigJimB
Team Player
Message 14 of 14

I have received my new wi fi hub router and managed to connect all my devices to it, except my wi fi range extender kit which will not connect, I have followed all advice on the help pages with no luck. Can you help.

Big Jim B
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

That's great.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Keith

Whilst I have been waiting for a reply from you, I have tinkering with the send and receive units, somehow I have got them working, do not know how I did it.

Have now got a full signal throughout the house.

Many thanks for your patience and help.

Big Jim B
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Then you do not have a link over your mains wiring, I know you tried both the network connector & extender units in a double socket before, but it was not clear which lights were which. When you did this, were the powerline lights on each unit? If not, then I will ask for the whole kit to be replaced.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

I have now found the booklet

On the sender unit the Powerline is not lit, on the receiver unit the Powerline and ethernet lights are not lit. All other lights are on.

Sorry for the confusion.

Big Jim B
0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

If you look in the booklet that came with them, it tells you what each LED is, just describing them as top or bottom does not mean much without having one in front of me.

Let's get one thing done at a time, then I will look into your other issues.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

On the sender unit only the top power light is lit and on the receiver unit only the top power light and bottom internet light is lit.

I have also noted that since I activated the new hub I have been getting a number of dropouts of apps not working especially on my smart TV, any ideas??

Big Jim B
0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Not the power lights, but the powerline lights.

Probably be best if you do not describe where the light is that is out, but exactly which one is out. That will save any confusion.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Good Morning Keith

Sorry for the delay, both of the power lights are on. this is also the same when they are in double socket.

Big Jim B
0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

It is difficult to do this from memory, is this the power line light that is off? If so you do not have a connection over the electricity. What happens if they are both in the same double socket?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Yes they are connected with an ethernet cable, on the sender unit the top and bottom lights are green the centre one is not lit. The extender has 4 lights, again only the top and bottom lights are lit. Originally I did wait over 15 mins for it to recover.

Big Jim B
0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Thanks for that info.

I assume that you have an Ethernet cable connecting the network connector unit to a spare LAN port on the router, what lights are on this unit? On the WiFi extender unit did you have it originally connected close by the network connector until all lights went green & waited about 15 mins for any firmware updates before moving it to the desired location? What lights are on the extender unit now?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

I have the Sagecom hub and my extender kit is the D-Link Model No DHP-W610AV.

Big Jim B
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Which WiFi hub do you have, the Sagemcom or the Huawei model. What make & model of range extender are you using?

Keith

0 Likes