Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi

Victoria32
First Timer
Message 15 of 15

Good morning 

We've had a problem with the Internet for a few days. We've had a BT engineer out to check externally - all OK; we've updated the wiring to and from the router - seems OK; we've run all the checks provided by TalkTalk - they say the connection to the house is fine, but the connection from the house is poor. We still have Internet TV. We've decided that the router is the problem, so I've ordered a new one, but at £110 I'm worried that I've done the wrong thing, or bought the wrong product. Any thoughts? 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi

OK, I've cancelled the router order for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Victoria32
First Timer
Message 2 of 15

Thank you for all your help. We now have Internet. 

Message 3 of 15

Hi

Can you add the account holders name in the private notes section of your profile, just so I can make sure I'm looking at the correct account.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Karl

The phone number is correct, the actual account holder is unable to use their mobile Internet to connect. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi 

Can you check the home phone number in your profile as this is showing another customer, could be a typo in the number.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Victoria32
First Timer
Message 6 of 15

OMG! 😂 IT'S WORKED! We're back online! I can't believe it! 😂 What do I do about the router I've ordered? 

Victoria32
First Timer
Message 7 of 15

Tried it, no joy. 🙁 Still unable to find the router. 

0 Likes

Victoria32
First Timer
Message 9 of 15

No, haven't seen that before. 🙂 I'll try it. 

Message 10 of 15

Hi Victoria32

Thanks for your reply.

Did you try factory resetting your current router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes

Victoria32
First Timer
Message 11 of 15

From TalkTalk. None of our devices recognise the router. It's not there to connect to. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Victoria32

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've optimised your connection and the line is now in sync at 20mb.

Where did you order the router from?

0 Likes

Victoria32
First Timer
Message 13 of 15

I think I've done it, Debbie. 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Hi Victoria32

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes