would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi Hub setup assistance

3 REPLIES 3
Olympia365
First Timer

Hi,

I just bought a second hand TalkTalk wifi hub, and it won't connect to my fibre broadband - I just get a constant amber light after it has tried to connect.

I am a TalkTalk Business user, but their support won't help with 'third-party' routers, so I was hoping someone on this forum might be able to help out please.

I've had a look at the settings for my old router (HG635) but can't relate them to the settings in the Wifi Hub.

Any help much appreciated. 🙂

KeithFrench
Community Star

I think that the business HG635 runs different firmware to the residential one. The hub is aimed at the residential market, which may be the problem.

This forum is for residential customers only, for all business support, please visit:-

https://supportcentre.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/home

Thank you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Olympia365
First Timer

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I bought the Sagemcom 5364 Wifi Hub to replace my HG635.

All I was wondering was whether it should be possible to set up with TalkTalk Business Broadband, or is it a no-hoper?

TalkTalk Business support won't help me because they didn't supply the new wifi hub.

I found these  the connection details for connecting a third-party router, but (apart from the DNS setting) I can't relate them to any of the settings in the Sagemcom's admin menu:

Username: this is your telephone number followed by @talktalkbusiness.net eg, 01234567891@talktalkbusiness.net
Password: enter your broadband password here
VPI: 0
VCI: 38
MTU: 1432
DNS settings: Set as automatic (or similar)

If you need to enter these settings manually then they are:
Pimary DNS Server: 62.24.128.17
Secondary DNS Server: 62.24.128.18
Encapsulation: PPP over ATM (PPPoA) using VC-MUX
Modulation Type: Auto

Is it possible to access these settings in the Sagemcom's menu?

Many thanks,
Ian

KeithFrench
Community Star

These are ADSL settings, not fibre. From the little I know about the business offering, you have four static IP addresses from the network, which I would assume means they are on different subnets & therefore different VLANs. The WiFi Hub is aimed at the residential market and does not support this.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they?