Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi channel optimisation please disable

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

How do I request that my wifi optimisation is disabled  as it keeps defaulting to channel 6 which has the most interference in my area.

Gone fishing
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Smackirky ,

If you have the Sagemcom W-Fi Hub then the staff on here will be able to disable this behaviour for you.

For one of the TalkTalk OCE's on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Smackirky,

Apologies for the delay. Could I just confirm is this affecting the performance of your wireless connection?

Our performance monitoring tool will only change channels when interference is detected.  It will learn about each device that is connected over time.

However our Products Team have advised if you are experiencing issues and would prefer to select your own wireless channels then we can arrange for Wi-Fi optimisation technology to be switched off on your line. Would you still like us to remove this for you?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

HI,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I would like this disabled as it repeatedly defaults to channel 6 which is the poorest channel as regards interference. I have a choice of 3 or more channels to use which are unused by other local users, but when I change the channel manually it defaults back to channel 6 overnight.

Regards

Gone fishing
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Smackirky

This has now been switched off, please let us know how the connection compares following this?

Thanks

Debbie