would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi connection issue on Talktalk Wifi Hub

7 REPLIES 7
Guitar Man
Wizz Kid
Hi
I've noticed an issue on TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub which started about a week ago. Devices that are connected to the Wi-Fi broadcasted from the router maintain connection but lose access to the TCP/IP network as I am unable to ping any device from the affected client, even the router itself. If I disconnect from the Wi-Fi and then connect again, access to the TCP/IP network is restored.
The issue affects multiple devices (observed on two laptops and a phone) but doesn't affect them simultaneously, other devices are fine while one has an issue. It only happens a couple of times each day. The phone and one laptop are connecting to 5GHz and the other laptop connects to 2.4GHz. The TT Wi-Fi Hub is the only WAP in the house. I've disconnected the Hub and used an older router, no issues there, this also means that the Hub was off and disconnected for about 24 hours. I've factory reset the Hub but the issue persists. I've checked the log and see nothing obvious at the time of the issue.
Is it possible to get a firmware upgrade, replacement Hub or any advice on how to resolve?
Router info:
Hardware Version FAST5364 3.00
Software Version SG4K10002600t
Thanks
Cblues
Chatterbox
I’ve had no internet since Monday!!!

I’m so angry as this is my living!!!!

Chrissie
Community Team

Hi Guitar Man,

I'm sorry to hear this. This is currently the latest version of firmware at the moment. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Cblues,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that we've posted on your thread yesterday.

Thanks

Guitar Man
Wizz Kid
Yes please
Community Team
Guitar Man
Wizz Kid

Router arrived & installed.

Will test over next few days & let you know whether it's resolved the issue, or not.

Thanks again

Community Team

Hi Guitar Man

How have you found the connection over the weekend?

Thanks

Debbie