Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi constantly dropping and hub showing too many devices

lipscomberise
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

have follow the 'step-by-step guide for help identifying and
fixing issues with your connection' none of this has worked

I have tried different channels and still this has not worked. Happening on all devices, internet one second and then gone the next, takes a while to come back up and then goes again

Any ideas?

I have follow the 'step-by-step guide for help identifying and
fixing issues with your connection' none of this has worked

I have tried different channels and still this has not worked. Happening on all devices, internet one second and then gone the next, takes a while to come back up and then goes again

I spoke to talk talk on the phone last week and they told me it was because I had too many devices attached, they then told me that wasn’t correct and that it was actually  the channel that was the problem. This still keeps happening and I change the channel regularly. So I decided to test the too many devices theory, I changed the password and only allowed my phone and laptop to connect to the hub but I’m still having the same problems with the Internet dropping out and when I log in to the TalkTalk hub it shows that I have 11 wired connections however only one device is plugged into the back of the Router?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi lipscomberise

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send a different router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

So much will depend on how fast the speed is recorded by the router when you log into it & how your devices are connected to the router. However, by your subject title, I am going to assume that they are all wirelessly connected. Just changing Wi-Fi channels without first investigating the cause of the problem is very unlikely to give acceptable results.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?