Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi drops repeatedly throughout the day - no SSID seen or authentication error occurs

cb2912
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

The wifi connection from our router drops repeatedly throughout the day and the problem is getting worse. The Internet connection from the router is fine - the TV is plugged into the router and streaming services work without any problem. The wifi however constantly disappears for periods during which either the network cannot be found (no SSID shows up), or devices cannot connect due to an "authentication error". I have checked the router setup multiple times (it had been working without any problems for many years before the current problems started). I have also reset the router, updated the router, and changed the wifi channels used, none of which have made any difference. I have been in contact with TalkTalk support who have talked me through the router setup, reset the router, and generally suggested all the things that I have already done none of which have made any difference. I believe there is a problem with the wireless part of the router so would like the router replaced, but have not been able to find any way to request this from TalkTalk. I work from home and need a reliable and fast internet connection which TalkTalk no longer seem able to provide. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? If not, then I will be forced to shop elsewhere for my broadband - fortunately my contract is up at the beginning of December. Thanks for any help / advice you can provide. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi cb2912

I'm really sorry for the delay.

I can see that a replacement router has been ordered and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

@Skynet_TX . Thanks for the info. I will do that

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @cb2912 ,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two.