cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi hub issues

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi scooper1401

I can raise this over to an Openreach line engineer. Just to advise, if the engineer is unable to locate the fault on the line then they may arrive at the property to complete further investigations.

Please let me know if you would like me to raise this fault over to Openreach?

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

Yes provided it does not cost me anything. Thanks.

Conversation Starter

Will they let me know when they're coming or make an appointment. If they may need access to my property it would be useful to know when they're coming.

Any idea what sort of time frame they are currently working to?

Hi scooper1401

Just before I raise this fault I just wanted to advise, if the engineer did attend at the property and found the phone to be at fault then possible engineer charges could be applied.

If the engineer is able to resolve the fault outside then they wont need an appointment to the property. If they do need access to the property and you are not at home then they would let us know and we would arrange a visit with you, once we had confirmed further details and possible engineer charges.

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

OK - please raise the fault. If I manage to test the line with another phone in the mean time and it turns out to be a problem with my phone, I will let you know.

Hi scooper1401

I've just ran another line test which is now clear (fault no longer showing)

Is the noise still on the line at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

Sorry - have been sitting here for several minutes with slow broadband while the page refreshed itself.....

Yes the noise is still there both on the handset connected to the base unit and the extension handset. I am going to borrow a friend's phone tomorrow to try plugging it in here and seeing if the problem is the same.

Hi scooper1401

Thanks for your reply.

As the line test is now clear this will no longer go to a line engineer. We will need to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

Only one other thing has occurred to me.....

Near my master socket I have a very old BT Digital Access box which has not been used for years, is not plugged in, and has phone numbers written on it that are no longer in use. This was there when I paid for a TalkTalk engineer to come and install the TV service (YouView box, broadband extenders etc) and when I mentioned it to him he said it shouldn't affect anything.

I'm saying this because I would not be happy if another TalkTalk engineer were to now say that this could be causing a problem.

Hi scooper1401

Is this box hard wired into the master socket or completely separate?

Thanks

Conversation Starter

It looks to be completely separate - the master socket is right on top of it but does not appear to be connected to it in any way. I could send you a photo if you could tell me how....

Conversation Starter

And also of course that has been the situation ever since I've had broadband so does not coincide with my recent problems.

Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie - I'll be offline now until Thursday morning.

Conversation Starter

When I disconnected my laptop from my mobile hot spot I noticed my TalkTalk network was not listed as being available for connection. I looked at the hub and found that it had no lights on it at all. I pressed the Power button but nothing happened, so I'm just leaving it now. it was plugged into the mains and the master socket the whole time and there are no electrical problems in the house. I will get in touch again on Thursday, or possibly Wednesday evening if you are online then?

Hi scooper1401

If you reply to my Private Message then I can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi scooper1401

The engineer visit has been confirmed for 09/12/2019 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

Debbie, I had a message saying the visit had been set up, followed 3 minutes later by two duplicate messages saying that they believed my service issues had now been resolved and everything should be running as I would expect. This is all getting very frustrating. What is going on?

And yet again I'm having to do all this using my mobile data as I've had no broadband for the last hour or so.

Hi scooper1401

I'm just checking this now and I will post back shortly.

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

Just a quick question on the side - I've been following TalkTalk advice and trying not to switch my router on and off frequently, but because my connection drops so often this is a bit of a problem. If, when the connection drops, I switch it off and then on again, would this be a better idea?

Hi scooper1401

If rebooting the router helps to re connect then please do this (just until the engineer has investigated/resolved the fault)

Thanks

Debbie