Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi is not

meganbricknell
Popular Poster
Message 27 of 27

Our wifi has not worked since last Thursday (the routers it’s self is working) power light is solider and wireless is flashing. Unable to do a health check ourself as the account is not in our name (in landlords and can’t get hold of him) any suggestions on what to do? 

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hi meganbricknell,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 27

Hi @meganbricknell,

Do you know what the phone number of your line should be, if you have some correspondence from TalkTalk it is possible it may be mentioned on that. If you do know what the phone number should be then try dialling 17070 and ensure it does read back that same phone number.

Hopefully the staff here will be able to get back to you soon, as it does sound like the next step would be an engineer visit.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

@Karl-TalkTalk @Skynet_TX can you help with this please

0 Likes

meganbricknell
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 27

I am unable to create a password for the account to pass security for an engineer to come as I do not have the account number. What can I do? We haven’t had wifi now for almost 2 weeks, what’s the best option? Thank you 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Hi

Next option is to get an engineer to you asap.

I'll PM some details to you to allow this to progress.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

meganbricknell
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 27

Hello @Karl-TalkTalk, we received a new router, it still does not work and bought a phone which does have a dialling tone and you can ring out / receive call on it. Do you know what the next step will be? Thank you very much.  

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Yes we bought a phone and it has a dialling tone and you can ring out on it

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 27

Have you been able to get hold of a phone to see if there is a dial tone on the line ?

0 Likes

meganbricknell
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 27

Hello @Karl-TalkTalk, new router has arrived (thank you very much) but still no luck with the wifi, set it up and just has a constant flashing amber light. Tried it in the test socked also and exact same. Thank you 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Hi

I've checked with the courier and the router is at your local depot with delivery scheduled for Tomorrow.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

meganbricknell
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 27

Hello @Karl-TalkTalk, we have had a letter with return your router but not router, is one due? Thank you very much 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

No Problem 🙂

Try the router as soon as it arrives and get back to me here.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

meganbricknell
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 27

Hello @Karl-TalkTalk , no problem I will try this. Thank you very much for all your help! 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Hi

All usual tests are clear, so not seeing an issue remotely, but the router is not connecting. 

I've a new router on the way so this can be ruled out.  Should arrive in the next 24-48hrs.

While you are waiting for the router to arrive, it would be good if you are able to borrow a phone handset from a friend for 2 minutes, just to check you have a clear dial tone.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

meganbricknell
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 27

Hello @Karl-TalkTalk, I have just done this now. Thank you very much.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Hi,

If you cannot remember the phone number or account number associated with your line, put the house number and postcode in the private notes section of your 'Community Profile' so we can search for your details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

meganbricknell
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 27

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk, yes I have tried everything 😞

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Hi meganbricknell

Unfortunately we need your account or TalkTalk landline number.

Have you you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes

meganbricknell
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 27

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk, the issue is we can’t get hold of our landlord who has this info. Is there a way of finding out the landline number in our apartment? Is there anyway around this? Thank you very much.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Hi meganbricknell

We would need you to add your TalkTalk landline number or account number to your Community Profile so we can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes