7 REPLIES 7
DrColza
First Timer

Hello,

Given the talktalk hub is on and connected to the internet

When I go to the admin dashboard

And Wi-Fi is enabled

Then the Wi-Fi status is shown as "down"

I've tried turning the box off and on a few times. I've tried resetting with a paper clip in the hole in the back of the box.

I've turned the hub off for 30 minutes and turned it back on. I've tried toggling the on/off capability in the web interface. None have fixed the issue.

I can still access the internet via Ethernet but wifi is down.

I'm thinking the hardware night have failed.

Can I get a replacement hub ordered through this forum? 

Thanks in advance

KeithFrench
Community Star

This has been seen in a few hubs, possibly a bad batch. I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and replace it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

DrColza
First Timer
Great, thank you.
Community Team

Hi DrColza

Apologies for the delay.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

DrColza
First Timer

Hello Debbie,

That would be great, thank you.

What do you need me to do?

Community Team

Hi DrColza

Please can you add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile. I can then send the router.

Thanks

Debbie

DrColza
First Timer
Done. If you need to contact me, use the alternative contact number, please.
Community Team

Hi DrColza

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie