Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi status on new router 'Disabled' and unable to enable

electronicwomble
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Was sent a new router by TalkTalk last week but the Wifi doesn't seem to be working on it.

IMG-0202.jpg

As you can see, the internet connection is fine and ethernet works flawlessly. But the wifi doesn't work and the network doesn't appear on any wifi-enabled devices.

Clicking through to the wifi settings, I see the green switches are all on, yet the wifi still Disabled.

IMG-0201.jpg

Toggling the switches off and on again has no effect. Restarting or resetting the router has no effect.

Have been through several frustrating phone calls with TalkTalk tech support, all of which have repeated the same basic troubleshooting steps without getting anywhere close to understanding let alone solving the problem.

Am hoping being able to share screenshots on here will help diagnose.

Thanks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

you can return the non working model in the recycling bag.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

electronicwomble
First Timer
Message 2 of 10

Hi Debbie,

Wifi on the new router works perfectly - thanks for sorting!

Do I return the non-working one in the recycling bag? Or use the box from the new one?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi electronicwomble

No problem 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Amazing, thanks for sorting so quickly 👍

Message 5 of 10

Hi electronicwomble

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

electronicwomble
First Timer
Message 6 of 10

@Michelle-TalkTalk  yes please, that would be great.

Does my account on here have all the details you need?

Many thanks.

Message 7 of 10

Hello,

Thanks for trying this. Would you like us to send a replacement router and a router returns bag?

Thanks

electronicwomble
First Timer
Message 8 of 10

Yes, I’ve tried the factory reset with the pin button on the back. No effect unfortunately.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @electronicwomble,

If you have tried a factory reset of the router (by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds) and it is still disabled then you have a faulty router, the staff here should be able to respond to this post tomorrow and would be able to arrange a replacement router for you.

0 Likes