Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Edge or Google Chrome Will Not Load Router Summer Page

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 62 of 62

For the last week I have been Unable to access my router stats at 192.168.l.l. It just will not load. In Edge the address bar has a globe icon instead of http://. In Chrome it is insecure. It happened just after I cleared cookies and history in Edge. I have my summery page saved in favourites (for ease of access) and that does not work. Also typing in the full address does not work.

If it is a security problem does anyone know how I can fix it? I have the latest AVG free antivirus but can't find anything wrong with that.

0 Likes
61 REPLIES 61

Message 1 of 62

Great stuff. If you need any other help with this let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 62

Thanks Keith for your help.

I got it working from the instructions you linked to. Stupid leaflet in the box says hold the button until the light goes steady, on that link it says 1 second. I must just have been lucky setting it previously.

Neries

0 Likes

Message 3 of 62

Hi @Neries 

Yes, there is a bug in this new editor that has been deployed in the forum last week. It is totally corrupting web addresses. Hopefully, if you can reconstruct this removing the spaces that I have intentionally inserted below to try & stop this emoji getting in the way of it:-

https : / /static.tp-link.com/2018/201801/20180126/7106507854_TL-WA850RE_QIG_V6.pdf

The HG633 does not have any WPS problems that I am aware of, it is probably using a different WiFi channel to the D-Link and that may be suffering from WiFi interference, corrupting the WPS procedure. To simplify things, for now, put the HG633 on the same WiFi channel as your D-Link was using (or did you send that back), then retry WPS.

If you can't get on with the manual process in the PDF, then I will send you some stuff so as we can check out the state of your local WiFi & get the HG633 on the best channel.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 62

Keith my router is the HG633 and I have not touched any of the settings. I go and copy the stats. The TP-Link was working until I tested the D-Link. The router is at the bottom of the stairs and once it was set up the TP-Link was at the top of the stairs.

I have the instruction sheet although your link is clearer than that is. I will try again.

Neries

0 Likes

Message 5 of 62

Are you sure that you have not disabled WPS within the router? I think you said that you have the new WiFi Hub, in that case, go to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz gear icon > WPS

Your extender only works in the 2.4GHz band, I can't really see it getting confused the fact that WPS may be enabled on the 5GHz band as well. Perhaps try turning WPS off in the 5GHz band, whilst you try to connect.

Whilst I cannot prove this, I have found the WPS a bit unreliable on the hub, looking at the manual below for your extender, have you tried "Connect and Extend - method 2":-

https😕/static.tp-link.com/2018/201801/20180126/7106507854_TL-WA850RE_QIG_V6.pdf

Alas, this type of extender needs to be located where it can get a good signal from your router (without much Wi-Fi interference). If you get it connected, the extender will broadcast the new signal out in all directions, including back towards the router. If it uses the same WiFi channel as the router, this may well then cancel out the signal from the router & it may not work anyway.

Keith

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 62

Hi Keith,

The box says it is a TL-WA850RE

Neries

0 Likes

Message 7 of 62

Hi @Neries 

What is the model number of your TP-Link WiFi extender and I might then be able to help you some more on this?

Keith

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 8 of 62

Hi Michelle,

No issues with the connection this weekend. I do find web pages can be slower to open than they were also watching online videos are not always smooth. Stop and start on times.

We have had good connection since the summer and I am sure it is because the ground dried out. Our phone lines are underground.

I still can't connect my TP-Link Wi fi signal extender. I have tried and tried. It does not recognising the router at all and have it right next to it per instructions and I keep pressing the WPS button. Never had a problem before. I have re-set to factory settings but still won't work.

Neries

0 Likes

Message 9 of 62

Hi Neries,

Thanks for the update. The sync speed can vary between routers. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the connection at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 62

Hi Michelle,

At last I am able to access the router stats.

Not sure why but the Huawai has a line download rate of 16139 and the D-Link is 18428?

Neries

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 11 of 62

Thank you both,

I should have posted 'rear of the router'. I wrote it on a post-it on a cupboard next to my computer when I first had the router and it has always worked before. I did change it to a password I could remember but then when I 'factory reset' the router knew I had to put the original password in this time. I have doubled checked the user name admin and the password on the post-it with the rear of the router and it is still the same.

I am going back now to try it all again.

Neries

0 Likes

Message 12 of 62

If it helps:-

Rear panel.jpg

Keith

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 62

Hi @Neries 

On the HG633 the router username and password are at the top of the label, in very (very) small print. To get the password I have to use a magnifying glass.

Top centre, 3rd and 4th lines down.

User name - admin (all lower case) and right below that is the router password - 8 characters all upper case.

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 14 of 62

@Michelle-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Neries,

Thanks for letting me know. I've checked and the router currently has the latest version of firmware (2.00t) so it looks like this may have updated overnight.

Thanks

Hi Michelle,

Just tried it and I get the summary page but it keeps telling me the user name or password is wrong. I am using the one on the bottom of the router and tried it three times.

Neries

0 Likes

Message 15 of 62

Hi Neries,

Thanks for letting me know. I've checked and the router currently has the latest version of firmware (2.00t) so it looks like this may have updated overnight.

Thanks

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 16 of 62

@Michelle-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Neries,

I'm sorry for the delay. Just to confirm, is the HG633 router connected at the moment and I'll update the firmware to the latest version?

Thanks

Hi Michelle,

Yes the router is on. I leave it on all the time, even when we go away.

Neries

0 Likes

Message 17 of 62

Hi Neries,

I'm sorry for the delay. Just to confirm, is the HG633 router connected at the moment and I'll update the firmware to the latest version?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 62

Hopefully tomorrow sometime during the day, just being a customer I can't give you timescales.

Keith

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 19 of 62

@KeithFrench wrote:

Hi @Neries 

Please let me know what you want me to do. My recommendation would be to put the HG633 back, but if possible leave the extender disconnected. Then let me get the router's firmware upgraded & deal with any other issues once that is done.

Hi Keith,

Ok when will the update take place? Hubby is online until about 9.pm. I'm off to watch some telly. Given up on the extender for now.

Neries

Message 20 of 62

Hi @Neries 

Please let me know what you want me to do. My recommendation would be to put the HG633 back, but if possible leave the extender disconnected. Then let me get the router's firmware upgraded & deal with any other issues once that is done.

Keith

0 Likes