Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Edge or Google Chrome Will Not Load Router Summer Page

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 62 of 62

For the last week I have been Unable to access my router stats at 192.168.l.l. It just will not load. In Edge the address bar has a globe icon instead of http://. In Chrome it is insecure. It happened just after I cleared cookies and history in Edge. I have my summery page saved in favourites (for ease of access) and that does not work. Also typing in the full address does not work.

If it is a security problem does anyone know how I can fix it? I have the latest AVG free antivirus but can't find anything wrong with that.

0 Likes
61 REPLIES 61

Message 21 of 62

Hi, @Neries 

'Scuse me for this, but please don't give up now because I feel sure that you're very close to solving the problem with Keith French's help.

Please give it a try with the version update, as you've nothing to lose at this point, and you never know.....maybe all will be well then.

I hope you don't mind me saying that.....Pat 😉

I've learnt a lot about TT since joining the forum on 30/12/18..........I say no more.
0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 22 of 62

@KeithFrench wrote:

The HG633 as I said when running firmware V1.22t will exhibit this behaviour. It is a bug that is long since fixed. You can often get around it by rebooting it. Do you want me to arrange to get it upgraded to V2.00?

Hi Keith, not sure what to do as it's one problem after another. Since testing with the D-Link and then going back to the HG633 I have my husband moaning at me because I can't get our wireless signal extender to work. The led flashes but it will not hold onto the signal from the router. So now given up.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 62

The HG633 as I said when running firmware V1.22t will exhibit this behaviour. It is a bug that is long since fixed. You can often get around it by rebooting it. Do you want me to arrange to get it upgraded to V2.00?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 24 of 62

@Neries 

Random thought ......

What results do you get if you do a tracert to 192.168.1.1

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 25 of 62

@Neries- thought it was worth a try.

You said earlier that it did work ok from your Samsung Pro Pad, was that when using the HG633 ?

but failed again from your Windows systems when you tried the DSL-3782 ?

A very strange one - more thinking time needed !

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 26 of 62

@Anonymous wrote:

Whilst you are waiting for a TT response ..............

I don't think this has anything to do with your browsers, but possibly an unfortunate chain of event and bad timing.

There are some indications in your thread that you may have a corrupted DNS record stored on one or more of your devices, and because you keep retesting you keep extending the lease times and retaining the corrupt DNS record.

It is definitely strange that 192.168.1.1 occassionally resolves to someone in South America.

This can quite easily be tested ----------- just on your Win 10 machine first.

1. Flush your devices DNS cache. Not something you do every day, so you may need to Google (or similar). Just Google "how to flush DNS cache Win 10". Very easy to do once you have found out how.

2. Switch off the Win 10 device.

3. Switch off your router and leave it off for a couple of minutes.

4. Reboot router, reboot Win 10 device.

5. Retry 192.168.1.1/

A bit of a long shot, but not a lot to lose by trying.

Hi umanu2. Thank you, done all that and it's no different.

Neries

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 27 of 62

@KeithFrench wrote:

From a a quick read through, what you can't do is logon to the HG633 router, am I correct in this assumption?

The only known issue that caused this was a bug in firmware V1.22t.

Hi Keith, yes that is correct.

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 28 of 62

@Patricia55 wrote:

@Neries 

Well, that's where my non-expertise (and simple ideas) ends, I'm afraid.

Perhaps @Gondola or maybe @KeithFrench might be able to come up with some easy solution and/or explanation about this quirky little problem which must be driving you nuts by now.

Good luck...;-)

Thank you Patrica55 for trying to find a solution. 

It is strange that it has worked fine for almost two years on my computer and now it does not.

Neries

Message 29 of 62

From a a quick read through, what you can't do is logon to the HG633 router, am I correct in this assumption?

The only known issue that caused this was a bug in firmware V1.22t.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 30 of 62

Experienced this problem for years, chrome & Edge just displays a white blank page for most router interfaces, i have found Internet Explorer to be the most stable for the web UI on the Huawei HG633 and Sagemcom 5364. 

Ive found Internet Explorer to be the best infact for most routers, when i was on Virgin Media i had the exact same issues with all superhubs 1 2 & 3 and from what i remeber they use Netgear, D-Link and Arris branded routers so its not limited to one model or brand router or ISP i guess some just browsers just have compatibility issues. 

Lucas.
0 Likes

Message 31 of 62

Router Summary Page?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 32 of 62

@KeithFrench wrote:

What do you mean by the router summer page?

Explained in post #27.

"y" missing (sic).

0 Likes

Message 33 of 62

What do you mean by the router summer page?

Keith

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 34 of 62

Whilst you are waiting for a TT response ..............

I don't think this has anything to do with your browsers, but possibly an unfortunate chain of event and bad timing.

There are some indications in your thread that you may have a corrupted DNS record stored on one or more of your devices, and because you keep retesting you keep extending the lease times and retaining the corrupt DNS record.

It is definitely strange that 192.168.1.1 occassionally resolves to someone in South America.

This can quite easily be tested ----------- just on your Win 10 machine first.

1. Flush your devices DNS cache. Not something you do every day, so you may need to Google (or similar). Just Google "how to flush DNS cache Win 10". Very easy to do once you have found out how.

2. Switch off the Win 10 device.

3. Switch off your router and leave it off for a couple of minutes.

4. Reboot router, reboot Win 10 device.

5. Retry 192.168.1.1/

A bit of a long shot, but not a lot to lose by trying.

Message 35 of 62

@Neries 

Well, that's where my non-expertise (and simple ideas) ends, I'm afraid.

Perhaps @Gondola or maybe @KeithFrench might be able to come up with some easy solution and/or explanation about this quirky little problem which must be driving you nuts by now.

Good luck...;-)

I've learnt a lot about TT since joining the forum on 30/12/18..........I say no more.
0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 36 of 62

Hi Richard, it should be 'summery page'. A typo I missed the 'y' off.

I am running Windows 10 and using Windows Edge, anti virus is AVG. I uninstalled i'Obit and Malware when I first had the problem. I have disabled AVG firewall for a few minutes but that made no difference. 

0 Likes

Message 37 of 62

@Neries 

Have you tried Firefox at all? It's apparently good at resolving problems that other browsers can't.

Also, what virus/malware package are you using? I've seen some users having glitches with Kaspersky.

I use Windows 8.1, Google Chrome, and Malwarebytes virus protection.

Sorry I can't help you solve your problem.

Btw, what do you mean by "Summer" when you mentioned the router page?

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 38 of 62
Looking at my settings the app for Google Chrome has the date of 25/02/19 and as my computer is set to automatically update presume it is the latest. Looking at the properties of Google Chrome it has 'revised 25/02/19'.

I hardly use Chrome on my desk computer only if something does not open in Windows Edge.
0 Likes

Message 39 of 62

@Neries 

Have you got the latest update for Chrome?

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)
0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 40 of 62

@Chris-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Neries,

How are you getting on, has Patricia55's advice helped?

Chris

Hi Chris,

I tried Patricia55's suggestions in Chrome but did not work.

Neries

0 Likes