Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Edge or Google Chrome Will Not Load Router Summer Page

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 62 of 62

For the last week I have been Unable to access my router stats at 192.168.l.l. It just will not load. In Edge the address bar has a globe icon instead of http://. In Chrome it is insecure. It happened just after I cleared cookies and history in Edge. I have my summery page saved in favourites (for ease of access) and that does not work. Also typing in the full address does not work.

If it is a security problem does anyone know how I can fix it? I have the latest AVG free antivirus but can't find anything wrong with that.

0 Likes
61 REPLIES 61

Message 41 of 62

Hi Neries,

How are you getting on, has Patricia55's advice helped?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 42 of 62

Hi, @Neries 

I've noticed your ongoing problem with trying to load your router page, and can't understand why it won't work on Google Chrome because that's what I use, and have no problems with it.

Because I'd find that very frustrating, as you must be, I've just tried out a bit of trial and error to see what happens.....

I first tried adding https://192.168.1.1 (instead of http://), but Google strangely didn't seem to like that, yet it's perfectly happy to open with http!!!

Then I tried copying the exact link I've got on my bookmark, which is http://192.168.1.1/ and that also worked. Just for the hell of it, would you like to try out this link, the only difference being that it has an extra little forward slash at the end.

Alternatively, have you got pop-ups blocked on Google? I did until a few weeks ago when I had some problems with Google not liking my activities here in the TT Forum, so I went into my settings and chose to "Allow" the TT Forum link for pop-ups and it seemed to help.

I'm just guessing here because I'm not very au fait with computer technology, so I tend to try all sorts of things until I get it to work!! ;-D

I've learnt a lot about TT since joining the forum on 30/12/18..........I say no more.

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 43 of 62

@Debbie-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Neries

Have you re connected the HG633 router?

Thanks

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

I re-connected the HG633 and still can't get the router page to load on my p.c. with Edge or Chrome.

Neries

0 Likes

Message 44 of 62

Hi Neries

Have you re connected the HG633 router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 45 of 62

Hi Chris,

Thank you, the D-Link router arrived Tuesday. Tried it this evening using Edge and I get as far as putting the admin and password in but then on the next page all it is

"); document.write(""); document.write("");

I tried it with Google Chrome and the page opened but in the address bar there is an i in a circle followed by not secure before the http://192.168.1.1

I have taken a screen capture but I can't attach the file, it won't let me.

The other week at home I had an alert on my Samsung phone that my internet was not secure but I ignored it.

Neries

0 Likes

Message 46 of 62

Hi Neries,

How are you getting on? 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 47 of 62

Hi Chris,

Thank you.

Neries

0 Likes

Message 48 of 62

Hi Neries,

I've ordered a router, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Chris

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 49 of 62

Hi Michelle, it is really strange that is suddenly happened on my p.c. after working perfectly since it was new almost two years ago. For some reason the web address is being blocked.

Yes I am willing to try a replacement router if you are willing to send one out. 

0 Likes

Message 50 of 62

Hi Neries,

Thanks for the update. It does seem strange that it's working on different browsers on different devices. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 51 of 62

Hi Chris,

This afternoon tried on my old laptop with Internet Explorer and it did not work. Tried with my Samsun Pro Pad with Chrome and it did work, which is strange as it does not work with Chrome on my XP computer.

0 Likes

Message 52 of 62

Hi Neries,

Have you tried accessing the router admin page on more than one device?

Chris

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 53 of 62

Hi Michelle,

Yes I did it from my book mark list.

Tried again this morning and this is the message on Chrome. 

This site can’t be reached

191.168.1.1 refused to connect.

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Neries

0 Likes

Message 54 of 62

Hi Neries,

"Sorry, the website 192.168.l.l cannot be found"

Just to confirm, are you trying 192.168.1.1? I've just noticed that the above appears to be an I at the end and not a 1.

Thanks

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 55 of 62

Hi Michelle

@Michelle-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Neries,

Could you try factory resetting the router and then retesting this again. If you're still unable to access the router admin page then it would be worth trying a different browser to rule this out.

Thanks

Hi Michelle,

I have reset the router to factory default and rebooted my computer. That did not work. I have now installed Firefox and that did not work either. It comes up with this message on a Talk Talk page. 

Sorry, the website 192.168.l.l cannot be found

Neries

0 Likes

Message 56 of 62

Hi Neries,

Could you try factory resetting the router and then retesting this again. If you're still unable to access the router admin page then it would be worth trying a different browser to rule this out.

Thanks

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 57 of 62

@Michelle-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Neries,

How are you getting on? Which router are you using?

Thanks

Hi Michelle,

It is still the same, I have not tried another web brouser. I am using the Huawei HG663. 

Very strange that the other week AVG on my mobile phone told me the connection was not secure but I just ignored it.

Neries

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 58 of 62

Hi Neries,

How are you getting on? Which router are you using?

Thanks

0 Likes

Eddie4419
Conversation Starter
Message 59 of 62

Have you tried a different browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox?

I don't work for TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Neries
Super Duper Contributor
Message 60 of 62

@Eddie4419 wrote:

If this has only happened since installing the latest version of AVG you could try disabling AVG's firewall to see if that is blocking access to your router.

I don't work for TalkTalk.

Thanks Eddie but it did not work. Just don't understand why as my p.c. is just 2 years old and never had the problem before.

0 Likes