Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wireless Optimisation (ASSIA)

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Team Player

I would like this turned off on my Sagem FAST 5364, as I need to keep the 2.4GHz connection on the same channel. I raised this problem on 4/2/2019, and there was no satisfactory outcome. Since then, another person has had the same problem, and the optimisation was turned off for his phone number. It seems impossible to get through on chat or by phone now.

Highlighted
Team Player

I finally got through on "chat" but the technician asked me to reset my router back to factory settings. Due to my non-standard setup (I use my own dhcp server) it took me a few minutes to get back online, and chat is now busy again. A bit of a waste of time. Channel set to 1 now - I bet it's moved again by lunchtime. The wireless optimisation has not been removed. The agent didn't seem to know about it, despite my posting previous threads where this has been done.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @dgahunt ,

The staff on this community are familiar with this type of request, so they will certainly understand what you are asking for !, they will be able to disable this behaviour for you.

It may take them a day or two to respond to this topic, it is best to not post any more in this topic until they respond, as any new posts can delay this topic getting to the top of their queue.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I can turn this off for you.

For feedback, can I ask why you want this turned off, is it affecting a specific device etc or need to be on a set channel for a specific reason etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl,

thanks for responding. I use an Edimax wireless bridge to provide wired ethernet upstairs, enabling things like PXE booting, and operating systems without wireless capability. The way it is configured needs it to be on the same channel. It doesn't cause any problems, and is normally turned off anyway. See my original post on 4/2/2019 for more details. I have an old D-Link router I can use, but the wireless isn't as good as this newer Sagem.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi OCE_Karl, 
have you done this for me? I suspect the answer is yes, as the channel hasn't changed for the last three or four days. If so, thank you.

Dave

Highlighted

Hi Dave

How has the connection been since your last post?

Highlighted
Team Player

The router is now staying on the wireless channel I set it on. It hasn't changed since I last posted. It looks like the optimisation has indeed been turned off. I can change the channel myself if I have any problems. Thanks to anyone involved.

Highlighted

Hi Dave

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
Team Player

It was fine for a while, but is now switching channels again. It has done this twice in the last three days. I set it to 1, and it stays for a few hours, then switches to 11. If I set the other device to 11 as well, it will switch back to 1. I would like someone to fix this again for me, please, but if it doesn't get fixed this time, I'll go back to using my older D-Link router.

Highlighted

Hi dgahunt

Apologies for this.

Would you like me to send the Huawei WIFI Hub for testing, this does not use the WIFI optimisation.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie - sorry for the long delay in replying. I'd switched back to my D-Link router, which doesn't have this problem. I would love to get the new Huawei hub, and would certainly feedback any results, good or bad. Thanks, Dave

Highlighted

Hi dgahunt

The Huawei WIFI Hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂