Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless router needs restarting almost daily.

Blueshirtpaul
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

My TalkTalk router regularly disconnects from the internet and I need to restart it to re-connect. If anything I would say it has got worse since 'upgrading' to Fibre 150.

Router details:

Hardware Version: FAST5364 3.00
Software Version: SG4K10002816t

I would like this fixed ASAP please as it makes working remotely an inconvenience rather than a convenience, and it I expect a reliable service from TalkTalk.

Thank you.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi

I'll get one out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Karl,

Happy to give it a try if it should improve my experience.

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Paul, 

No details on when this will happen, would you like to try the other model Hub ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Debbie,

Any news on when this pending firmware update should happen?

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Blueshirtpaul

No problem 🙂

It should be updated very soon.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 8 of 12

@Debbie-TalkTalk Will do. Thank you.

Message 9 of 12

Hi Blueshirtpaul

Apologies for this.

Our Products Team are rolling out new firmware at the moment.

Please can you leave your router powered up all the time. The firmware update usually happens overnight.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 10 of 12

@Skynet_TX Thank you for the feedback. I look forward to getting the firmware upgrade ASAP.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @Blueshirtpaul,

Does the LED on the router remain solid white, but your devices (wired and wireless) lose internet access, and a reboot of the router gets things working again ?

If so, this is caused by a known issue with the version of firmware you are running. A new version of firmware is being rolled out at the moment to batches of customers at a time, so if that is the issue you are seeing it should be resolved when your router gets the new firmware (it will auto update overnight some time fairly soon).