Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless switch keep disconnecting

mik23pe
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

Hi 

I have sonoff wireless switch and i notice router keep disconnecting from the switch it require a roiter reboot after a day or 2 

Any suggestions settings pls

Thanks

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi mik23pe

I can see that Keith has offered some advice. Keith provides great support and advice on improving wireless performance.

Thanks

Debbie

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 12

Have you checked this with a WiFi analyser in line with the help I have already offered you?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

mik23pe
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 12

Thanks Debbie

I tried it.today but its for some reason keep loosing connection 

The switch is physically next and least populated band is selected 

Any other setting can u advise pls 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi mik23pe

I've switched off the WIFI optimisation to see if this helps.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 12

You need to check the state of the 2.4GHz band as a whole, you could be moving it from a bad channel to an even worse one otherwise.

Please see the last two paragraphs of my reply in message #4.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

mik23pe
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 12

Hi 

I tried to change the channel increase the lease but still the wireless model is sonoff basic the ip add is static

Not sure where else i can look

It keep disconnecting and i have to restart router everytime

Not sure what i m missing  

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 7 of 12

WiFi interference can affect any wifi device however close or far away from the router it is. This would be first step in diagnosing the problem, because the 2.4GHz band can be so congested, that it might be unusable in your area. I am not saying that it is that bad, I simply do not know without further diagnostics. It is also the most likely cause of the problem that you describe.

Keith

0 Likes

mik23pe
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 12

Interesting the sonoff wifi switch is physically located next so it shouldn't have any prob

The ip address is also reserved 

I am happy for suggestions 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 9 of 12

Splitting the SSIDs (network names) of the two Wi-Fi bands does not help resolve such matters at all.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

However, other factors should be investigated first. When this happens, what are the lights showing on the front of the router? Do you have any wired connections & if so, how do they perform?

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results, so as I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith

0 Likes

mik23pe
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 12

Hi

Thanks for the prompt response

Router is Huawei DG8041W

I have split 2.5 and 5ghz 

Sonoff is wifi smart switch 2.5ghz

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

What make/model of router do you have & what is the model number of this Sonos switch.

Keith

0 Likes