Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Working from home - BT Cloud Voice Phone - outgoing calls blocked

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Home office all set up but my BT Cloud Voice Phone from work although connected through Talk Talk router is unable to make outgoing calls.  Is there a block on this?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Katead,

Are you using VPN or should this work without it?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, Updated as requested.

Talk Talk account is in my father's name. I'm not at home at the moment as had to come to office as not able to work at home until sorted. Alternative number is my number.

The phone should work when attached to router.  All other colleagues have no problem but I'm the only one on Talk Talk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted

Hi Katead,

Thanks for updating your profile

Do you have another router that you can test with?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi Chris,

I have the previous Talk Talk router still which I can try when I get home at lunchtime. Everything else is working apart from the BT Cloud Voice phone though.

Thanks.
Highlighted

OK thanks. It could potentially be the router so think we'll need to check with a different one, do you know the make and model number of the other router?

Chris

Popular Poster
Hi Chris, I'll let you know when I get home and can check. The other one is the original Talk Talk Router that was supplied about 8-10 years ago.
Thanks,
Kate
Highlighted
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi Chris,

Old router is Huawei HG533. I tried this but didn't seem to be any different. Current router DSL-3782.
Highlighted

OK thanks for trying that, I can get a different make and model of router out to you to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Chris,  That would be great.  Our IT people have provided me with a PoE which the phone BT Cloud Voice phone is plugged into and then into the router. Spam protection does appear to be switched on at the moment.  Is this making any difference? All other things are working fine as I'm logged into remote desktop. Incoming calls on BT Cloud Voice phone but can't dial out.

Thanks,

Kate

Highlighted

Hi Kate

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

I wouldn't have thought Scam Protection would be causing the problem but we can disable it if you like, we'll just need to confirm some details first.

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for the router.

If we can disable the Scam Protection just incase......would appreciate it as my Dad is a vulnerable person and therefore me travelling to and from work isn't great right now.

Kate

Highlighted

Hi Kate,

Would you be able to ask your Father to register on the Community, we can then confirm the security question with him and disable scam protection for you

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Chris,

I can but my email is the link to his account. Is this going to be ok? Do I need to then open a new request or can you pick up from here.

By the way, thanks so much for arranging the new router, I've had a message to say it's arriving today 🙂

Kate

Highlighted

Hi Kate,

Thank you. If they could post on this thread then we can confirm some details via Private Message.

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer
Highlighted

Hi Johnc79,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details, if you'd like us to disable scam protection can you please reply to my PM with the answers the security questions

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Johnc79,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a little more information 

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks Chris for everything! New router arrived yesterday and everything working fine! Keep safe & well 🙂

Kate