cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Yet another DSL-3680 with red internet light.

Community Team

Hi onzey

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

If the connection remains stable then DLM may increase the speed further.

If you post back on this thread tomorrow then we can check the connection stats again.

Thanks

Debbie

onzey
Participant

Hi Debbie

Not sure if there's anything specific you wanted me to post back about or do but if there is please let me know.

onzey

Community Team

Hi onzey

I've checked the connection stats and the line is showing in sync at 15mb

Is the router currently at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

onzey
Participant

Hi Debbie

It's in the master socket, which is the type with no test socket.

I'm not actually at the persons house at the moment btw.

Community Team

Hi onzey

Thanks for your reply.

I was just checking to see if we could eliminate the face plate and internal wiring to increase the speed any further.

Do you know if they have any extension sockets?

Thanks

Debbie

onzey
Participant
There are no extension sockets.
Community Team

Hi onzey

It may be worth raising this fault again and arranging an Openreach engineer visit. The engineer should then change the master socket to see if the speed increases any further.

Thanks

Debbie

onzey
Participant

Hi Debbie

If you think they would do that without the risk of them finding some reason to charge £65 I suppose it might be worth it. The person I'm helping was concerned about getting charged before, despite reassurances from me, and I don't want them to start worrying again. Of course, in the end the engineer didn't come to the property before.

Would Openreach even accept that there is a fault at the moment? Presumably as far as they are concerned all is well?

onzey

Community Team

Hi onzey,

Unfortunately we wouldn't at this point be able to advise that a potential engineer charge wouldn't apply as this is dependent upon the engineers findings during the fault investigation.

How is the overall performance of the connection at the moment?

Thanks

onzey
Participant

Hi Michelle, Debbie

I've just spoken with the person by phone and they haven't used their laptop today as yet, but as Debbie has confirmed the connection is still at 15Mbps I would hope the performance is still similar to yesterday.

onzey

Community Team

Hi onzey

If the account holder would like to go ahead and arrange an engineer visit then please can they contact our Faults Team.

We can't guarantee that the engineer will be able to increase the speed this would depend on their findings and if a new socket is needed/fitted.

Thanks

Debbie

onzey
Participant

Hi Debbie

Ok, I'll put that to them (Is there a specific direct number for the Faults Team?).

The account holder is certainly much happier now with a router showing all green lights and will probably choose to leave things as they are I suspect. 

Thanks for all assistance

onzey

Community Team

Hi onzey

The contact details are at the bottom of this page under the section Need to speak to our team.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie