Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

awful internet speed

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Team Player

I entered into the contract on the basis of being provided with
estimated speeds of 60Mbps. In practice I’m only achieving speeds of 15Mbps.

ihave had a new wifi hub as my old one was not fit for purpose, it would not connect I then spent five days on the phone telling different people the problem lay with the wifi hub  I tried every test possible over them five days by that time a bt engineer had been out and concurred with me the wifi hub was faulty sent me another wifi hub guess what connected straight away run a bit slow for the stabilization period 45/57 mpbs then after that.dropped to 14/15mpbs ,there has been no changes to the my system so why?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi seamus01,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

profile updated

Highlighted

Hi seamus01,

Line test isn't picking up any issues and your router is in sync at 80Mbps

Can you please run a couple of speed tests, at least 10 minutes apart, on the My Account speed checker, on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router (can you try to make sure that no other devices/applications accessing the internet at the time)

Thanks 
Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

chris have just run the two tests you asked for one at16.03 which returned 16mpbs ran the next one at 16.15 which ran at 15.6 everything was turned off both times ,while running the test  I tryed your line test and its telling me "your broadband connection could be improved"

Highlighted

Hi seamus01

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this? This will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speed.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

have just powered down for thirty minutes and got these results 12.6 download 17.1 upload ,something very wrong somewhere .thanks anyway Debbie appreciated 

Highlighted

Hi seamus01

Was this a wired speed test? Can you try running the speed test on a different device?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

it was wired Debbie 2 foot away from my master socket ?

Highlighted
Team Player

have no other device to run a speed test on

Highlighted
Community Star

Which device and what software version are you using? It could be a case that your device drivers need updating. Do you get similar results with another router?

Highlighted
Team Player

all my device drivers are ive been using windows 10 and have had no problems at all till I upgraded, disaster   

Highlighted
Team Player

drivers up to date ,sorry😲

Highlighted
Community Star

I'm a bit stuck to be honest. Your line is in sync at 80Mbps and you have tried with two different routers, yet you are still getting such low downstream throughput. Do you have a friend, or family member who could bring a device to your home for testing purposes?

Highlighted
Team Player

I can ask but to be honest this is a brand new wifi hub which was running fine till last week and the speed has virtually got worse by the day .nothing has changed on my system nothing added .no work on the house so like you I am stumped and the worst off it my partner is pretty good with any problems and he is stumped after trying everything,thank for your help anyway

Highlighted
Team Player

my partner downloaded windows 10 upgrade over night and my speed has jumped right up to 47 mpbs not what I was promised but well happier thank you all for your help😁😁😁

Highlighted

Hi seamus01

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please can you continue to monitor the connection/speed and let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Sorry for poking my nose in, just something which crossed my mind now while reading this thread.

"Was this a wired speed test? Can you try running the speed test on a different device?"

and the reply "it was wired Debbie 2 foot away from my master socket ?

When they say "wired speed test", it means the test carried out with a wired connection between the computer/laptop etc and router i.e. connected by means of a network cable (the yellow cable in the picture below) rather than wireless (wifi). 

The connection between the router and the phone socket is (at the time of writing!) always wired. It's the light(er) grey cable in the picture below.

EU-referendum-results-1.jpe

Highlighted
Team Player

still not getting the speed I was promised but where else do you go they all seem to be poor

Highlighted

Hi seamus01

Your line is showing in sync at 80mb.

What speed are you now receiving when running speed tests?

Thanks

Debbie