Need help?

awful internet speed

Highlighted
Participant

35 to 37 mpbs on talktalks own speed test

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi seamus01

Please can you power down the router again for a full 30 minutes and then run a wired speed test on a different device?

Thanks

Debbie

Participant

have done what you asked Debbie and the best I got was 34.6

Highlighted

Hi

The router is in sync at 80mb.  Actual Throughput at the router itself is 75.6mb so the speed arriving at the router is correct.

Disconnect all devices and test with a wired device straight to the router.  If speeds are low, make sure the network device inside the PC or laptop is capable of receiving these speeds.  Also, try another ethernet cable or different port on the back of the router.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted

Hi

Just to also add, when looking at the devices connecting to the router, I notice your desktop is connected both wired and via wifi.  If using this to test, make sure you turn off the wifi so that only the ethernet connection is being used by the device.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

as you asked karl just tested wifi off and got 31.4..mpbs, give up🙄better things  to do, waste of money. to me all these firms are bloody awful

Highlighted

Hi

I am seeing faster speeds to the Iphones connected.  

The next option would be to arrange one of our engineers to pop round and test to see if they also get the same speeds on their devices.

would you like to arrange this ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant

I will have to arrange a day when someone is here karl, ive just run a speed test with nothing on but the computer which is hard wired and my result was 29.7 mpbs which is absolutely ridiculous.totally p- - - ed now all I see on this site is people having the same problems no wonder talktalk have such a bad press 😢

Highlighted

Hi

Ok, if you can get back to us with some availability we can then start the process to arrange one of our engineers to take a look.

Before you do agree, be sure that your PC has a network device that is actually capable of higher speeds.  If it was proven to be your equipment that was at fault then there would be a charge for any engineer.  If however the fault was with the line or network and needed escalating to Openreach, then there would be no charges for this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips