Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daily rooter reboots

simon_c
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

Hi talktalk team

Over the last couple of weeks, my router has become more and more unreliable with regular reboots.

It's now rebooting daily, and even if I manually reboot it in the morning, it can't get through a full day without rebooting before the end of the work/school day.

Like most, we've 4 people working & studying from home so needless to say, that's not desirable.

I checked the router, and it confirms that it's a rooter reboot, not an internet connection outage. The router is so limited there's no way to get syslogs or performance metrics out of it so I hope you have better observability at your end.

Can anyone advise how I get in touch with talktalk, they seem to have shutdown all their phone & chat support due to covid.

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi simon_c

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @simon_c,

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two. You may get faster support from the live chat during opening hours.

Have your tried a factory reset of the router by holding in the pinhole reset switch on the back for 10+ seconds, just to see if that helps at all. Note that this will lose any settings you may have changed in the router.