Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

fibre broadband problems

18 REPLIES 18
oldun1
Popular Poster

since "upgrading" ? to fibre 35 on 6th february i am having to reboot router at least once sometimes twice a day.Had 50min phone call on 17 february to tech help which did little to help,only rebooted router and said monitor system which i have done, also told me line was being optimised and could take 10 days. Still no change, Speed ok all day after reboot, appr 24mb/ps but drops off rapidly after 6pm to around 0.34mbps the following morning. Speed comes back up after another reboot, any suggestions gratefully accepted.....ps i am 77years old and not a techie so simple is better.....thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @oldun1,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.

oldun1
Popular Poster

Have updated profile, hope its ok...thanks

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi oldun1,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible fault. Just to confirm, is your voice service ok with no noise on the line? If the voice service is ok then we can raise this over to Openreach to investigate the broadband issue.

Thanks

oldun1
Popular Poster

Hi Michelle,

No background noise on phoneline,just problem with broadband.  Speed ok during day 23mb/ps till around 6pm. then starts dropping overnight untill following morning when i have appr.0.5mb/ps

but goes back to 23mb/ps after daily reboot. been like this since upgrading to fibre 35 on february 6th.

Thanks

OCE_Michelle

Morning,

Thanks for confirming this. I've raised this over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation. If you don't hear any more over the next 48hrs then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

oldun1
Popular Poster

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for update,will keep watch for next 48hrs, and let you know what happens. appreciate your assistance

Thank you.

OCE_Michelle
oldun1
Popular Poster

Hi Michelle,

Just had phone call from Open Reach,they say line is ok to telegraph pole so they suggested me requesting a new router to try, seems to think that will solve problem. Can you arrange that for me please,

ps. do i have to pay for new router ??

Thanks a lot....... Dave

OCE_Debbie

Hi Dave

The replacement router is on its way, there is no charge for this.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us  know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

oldun1
Popular Poster

Morning Debbie,

thanks very much, will let you know situation with new router when it arrives

thanks again......Dave

OCE_Debbie
oldun1
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

New router just arrived and installed. Will monitor for a few days and let you know if all is ok. Thanks for all your help,very much appreciated

Thanks .....Dave

oldun1
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Forgot to ask, do you need old router back or shall i recycle it from my end,

dave                                          

OCE_Michelle

Hi Dave,

Great, thanks for the update. Yes please can the original router be returned when you have finished your testing. Did you receive a router returns bag?

Thanks

oldun1
Popular Poster

Hi Michelle,

Yes, have got returns bag.will return old router as soon as posible,not getting out much at moment. New router seems fine so far. Once again thanks for all your help with this issue, your doing a great job,

Thanks.....Dave

OCE_Michelle
oldun1
Popular Poster

Hi Michelle,

new router seems to have solved my problem.speed is constant at 19/20mb/ps

which i am happy with, so all is well. Thanks again for all your help with the problem,you've all been brilliant,

thank you......Dave

OCE_Michelle

Hi Dave,

I'm really glad to hear this, thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks