Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home move and unnecessary renewals

danielemurroni
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I'm currently on a 2-year contract (expiring in March) with Fast Broadband.

I moving home and following the procedure I discovered that:

1 - there's no need for an engineer to visit my new place.

2 - TalkTalk can offer only Fast Broadband on that address.

3 - My monthly price will increase by 3 pounds

4 - I have to enter a new 18months minimum contract

Since the last year of using Talk Talk was a nightmare ( continuous and regular disconnections, worst upload bitrate ever) I don't see the reason why I should tie myself to 18 months more of this, paying more, for the same service.

Can I just move my account from a place to another without paying extra money or extending the contract?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

of course, and I'll do tomorrow 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Have you thought about phoning and asking to speak to the Home Move Team to discuss your options?

0 Likes

danielemurroni
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 5

unfortunately I haven't seen the option 'pay a fee to keep your contract' and I read  the 60 pounds were necessary only if an engineer was needed. 

70 pounds will be my exit fee if I terminate before March. Given the last year experience, I'm temped to pay that and change operator for good. 

0 Likes

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 4 of 5

@danielemurroni wrote:

I don't see the reason why I should tie myself to 18 months more of this, paying more, for the same service.

As far as I understand it, the usual 2 options you have are either to pay a £60 home move fee to keep your current contract or to agree a new contract.

It's not TalkTalk's fault that you have had to move house yet they will have to pay Openreach to cease your service at the old address and enable a service at the new address.

Perhaps the line at the new address will be more stable than the one at your old address? Who knows.

0 Likes