Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

latest sagem firmware upgrade is a downgrade :-(

19 REPLIES 19
Popular Poster

My router firmware has been updated (certainly not upgraded) to SG4K10002808t

I now have to physically power off my router every other day owing to connectivity using the ethernet ports.

Rebooting the router does not resolve the issues the power has to be removed.

How can I get the firmware downgraded to the previous version.

Wonderful Christmas present from TalkTalk - not!

Highlighted
Community Star

Why do you have to do this, please elaborate? V2808 is far better then all previous firmware, but it is not yet perfect.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Today I had no internet connection from my youview box - broadband connection was ok.

WiFi devices could connect to the internet.

Rebooted router - still no internet on youview box - still ok on WiFi.

Power cycled youview box - broadband connection no internet.

Power cycled router - hurrah internet connection on youview box.

Two days ago I had a similar problem with my AP connected to the router via ethernet port.

rebooting both the AP and the router did not resolve the problem.

Power-cycling the router cured the problem but only temporarily it seems.

IMHO there are two issues - the first being that the router software is buggy in the DNS area and stops working correctly, this only appears to affect the ethernet ports.

The second that the memory that contains this error is not cleared by the software reboot requiring the power cycle.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Just had to power cycle the router again ☹️

Highlighted
Community Star

I will ask the OCEs to look into this, maybe there is a hardware fault in the router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi whoarewe,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Are you still having to reboot the router since your last post? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Michelle,

yes I am still having issues - I have to power cycle every 2/3 days.

The issues I am currently experiencing are a 2.4GHz authentication problem with my phone.

The settings have not changed and power cycling resolves the issue.

I am also having problems connecting via wifi to devices connected to the ethernet ports of the router.

e.g. my laptop on wifi cannot connect to these devices, connecting my laptop to another ethernet port does allow connection.

Power cycling resolves this issue.

Regards

Gary

Highlighted

Hi Gary,

Sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

yes please

Highlighted

Hi

Router on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

I setup the replacement router late Sunday evening.

By Monday morning it had upgraded to the latest firmware.

This evening, Thursday, my youview box could not talk to the internet - this has a static IP address - and there was no DHCP response from the router to my laptop which I plugged in to an ethernet port.

With the laptop running on WiFi I could not ping any devices connected to the router ethernet ports.

Power cycling corrected the issue.

Highlighted

Hi whoarewe

Can I just check, have you tried splitting the SSID's?

You could try splitting the SSIDs on your router and testing the connection between the 5gh channel and the 2gh channel, some devices operate better with just 1 channel selected. 

Log into the router  (192.168.1.1 etc ) and manually change the SSID (Wi Fi) name of the 5ghz channel.

I often find it is better to keep the 2 broadcast channels separate.  For example, I have changed mine, and call one Home2Ghz and the other Home5Ghz.  Some devices can drop the connection when the SSID's remain the same.

Also, you can try manually setting the wifi channel  for each broadcast channel. Try channel 6 for the 2ghz channel and 44 for the 5ghz channel.

Give this a try , test with both SSID's and see if the connection improves.

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie, thanks for the quick response. As the problem I was seeing yesterday was with the physical ethernet ports on the router, changing the WiFi SSIDs would not help in this instance.

Highlighted

Hi whoarewe

Ok, were both routers you tested with the same make and model?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Yes, both routers were the same.

Highlighted

Hi whoarewe

Thanks for your reply.

It may be worth testing with a HG633 router to see how the connection compares. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie, 

I have an HG633 in storage somewhere so I could try this.

My current workaround has been to install a smart socket on the router which I restart every day. 

This relieves the symptoms of the issue.

Highlighted

Hi whoarewe

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know once the HG633 is connected, We can then check that it has the latest firmware and also the connection stats.

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

There is an issue with the latest software update for the YouView box, same as described above - TalkTalk sent me a new YouView box, it installed fine with access to all channels and Players&Apps - I was then promoted to perform a software update - after the software update the box cannot connect to the internet anymore - if I were to do a hard re-set now the box would be bricked, as it would freeze in step 3/6 (setting up tv services/ we are setting up any channel subscriptions you have added) indefinitely - the upgrade needs a fix, I would downgrade to the previous software version if I could. Can someone look into this issue, please? Thank you!

Highlighted

Hi InnoCiv,

I can see that we've posted on your own thread this morning.

Thanks