Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my DSL 2680

fenboy
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 14

hi

I think my 2680 is getting slower and slower. Over a few months now but recently getting much worse. I've done a speed test and receive 1.4mb.

Sometimes I can watch youtube, other times I get timed out switching a webpage.

Any ideas    thx

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi fenboy

Thanks for keeping us updated.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

BTOR just been and checked the line and say its ok. They asked TT to sync the router, and now my broadband seems to be running much better.

Now we know the line is good, maybe I can get the router upgraded.

many thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi fenboy,

I've now received an update to advise that the fault has been passed to BTOR for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi fenboy,

Thanks for trying this. I've passed the no dial tone fault over to our Network Team now. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check for an update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

hi

Plugged in a phone, but the phone is dead, nothing at all.  Just done another speedtest and I'm getting 1.3 mb.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi fenboy

If you are experiencing a fault with the landline service then this can affect the broadband connection and this will have to be investigated first.

Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

hi

I don't make any calls from this line, not for several years now. I haven't a phone i can quickly plug in.

it started getting slower maybe 4/5 months ago, but recently (3 weeks) got a lot slower. sometimes I can watch youtube, another time I struggle to change a webpage.

many thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi fenboy

The line test has detected a possible fault. Are you experiencing any faults with the landline service when making calls? (noise)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

that would be great...

would it be possible to do a line check.  I've tried but I don't get an answer

many thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 14

Hi fenboy

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Thanks for confirming that. I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you, bearing in mind the age of your router.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

I'm still in contract. Started with aol, then stayed with talktalk when they took over...

thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

It is probably not worth doing any diagnostics on such an old router. If you are still in contract, I will ask the OCEs to consider replacing it with something more modern. Please can you confirm the status of your contract?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes