Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no internet for over a week

Message 6 of 6

for over a week we have had no internet connection. talktalk sent us a free router via Twitter support and that didn't work. I bought the £120 router as I thought my internet is terribly slow and almost impossible to watch a smart tv with so I might as well purchase the newest one and that too is not connecting to the internet.

I have spoken to various talktalk workers, I've restarted, plugged in plugged out and wasted both me and my dads mobiles monthly data trying to get help for this... nothing is working. our phone line is fine. before the internet totally disappeared it was slow and I couldn't even watch YouTube without buffering or quality going to 140p. I've never really been able to watch a smart TV with talktalk either. the connection quality just isnt there. we have talktalk tv and phone and broadband and the service is appalling sadly. we've been left in the dark for a week with workers just saying there might be a problem in the area. at least the first employee I spoke to sent a router... please help.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

If there is a dial tone, and the home phone is working, then we can focus on the broadband.  If you have tested both routers at the master socket and there is no internet, then next option is to book an engineer for you.

I'll drop you a PM with the details required to progress this for an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

yes there is a dial tone. but for a month or so there was no dial tone and we couldn't receive nor phone out. we have a TALKTALK phone and they sent out an open reach man who fixed it on june 24th or 25th funnily enough. but before that the internet was awful. it's always been slow and doesnt connect well to the smart TV... but the day before the connection totally vanished I couldnt watch YouTube it was so weak.

I dont think I have a test socket

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Catherinechristina89

I can see there is no connection currently. A line test is showing clear.  Just a couple of questions before we arrange an engineer for you.

Is the home phone working - is there a clear dial tone ?

Have you tested both routers at the 'Test Socket' if you have one ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

I updated it

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Catherine,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes