cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

passwordhelper.talktalk.net request for sing in credentials after moving home.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello,

I moved to a different address, I was using fiber broadband but I had to downgrade because that service isn't available on the new address, I received an email saying that the service is now running and infact the led changed from red to white now, but when I connect to the modem I got a message saying that I need to sign in to the modem as if it were a public connection, every time I click on this message a web browser windows opens automatically redirecting to passwordhelper.talktalk.net, but the page doesn't load, it only shows an error message, so there is not possible to type any credentials. 

I have done some research in the TalkTalk community and there are a lot of users having the same issue after moving and having downgrade from fiber broadband to regular broadband. Some TalkTalk Community members have replied (@OCE_Chris  @OCE_Karl) saying that the radius profile need to be rebuild in the radius platform, others say that the ADSL credentials need to be set on the modem. Both of this methods have work for the users.

Could you please help me to perform any of this methods on my modem? I really need to have the internet working at home since I was required to do home office because of the Coronavirus.

Many thanks.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi JoseloHerdez,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have a dial tone? Are you using the TalkTalk router?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Michelle,

I have updated my community profile. I'm currently connected in a different building because the modem is requesting the sign in credentials apart from the WPS password provided in the back. I have never had a land phone attached to the outlet neither in the old nor new address, but is seems that is ok because the led in the modem was flashing in red color since Saturday,  and once I received the email saying the broadband was ready the led changed to solid white. I have also connected to the admin console (using 192.168.1.1 IP) and it shows that the connection is ok at both ends of the modem.

Kind regards,

Jose

Highlighted

Hi Jose,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look ok. Are you now able to connect? Are you using a TalkTalk router or a different router? (3rd party router)

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Michelle,

I am using the TalkTalk router, however, it started to work properly yesterday evening time, it is no longer requesting to sign in and I am able to connect correctly.

Thank you very much for your support.

Kind regards.

Highlighted

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that this is now working ok for you 🙂

Thanks