Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

randomly disconnects

adambi_
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi All,

I'm hoping you can assist me, for the last few months my internet connection randomly drops whilst playing online games. it happens once every night.

This happens to my phones as well and I've reset and factory reset my router around 3 times, but still same issue. 

The light goes from white to blinking orange and then back to white. 

Would appreciate any guidance or help 

Adam
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Does the main socket have a test socket? Is there any noise on the voice service? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

0 Likes

adambi_
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Hi Debbie,

The disconnects still occur and its happened twice today. My router starts blinking into an orange light for a minute and then reconnects. I have no clue why this occurs. 

Adam
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Adam

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults - Line test is clear.

The SNR is dropping low and this can affect the stability of the connection. I've optimised the connection and reset the data port and the SNR has increased.

Please can you monitor the connection over the next 24hrs to see how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

adambi_
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

I've updated my profile

Kind regards,

Adam

Adam

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 5 of 8

@adambi_ If you update your forum profile details as advised and post back here when you've done that, a member of staff is offering to look into your issues.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Divsec
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @adambi_ Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile should get you to the correct tab you then need to drop the pull down to personal information. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.