cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

slow broadband internet connection and devices dropping out.

Community Team

Hi Steve

I am a TalkTalk employee so the router would be sent from TalkTalk.

Hope this helps 🙂

Debbie

stevieg803
Participant
That is great Debbie,
you have been extremely helpful and I am looking forward to finding out if the test router cures the problem. I shall keep you all posted.
Thanks again
best rgds
Steve
Community Team

Hi Steve

No problem 🙂

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

stevieg803
Participant
Superb Debbie ,

you have been so helpful and it is much appreciated. I shall of course report back with any findings
Community Team
stevieg803
Participant

Thank you Debbie. The replacement router arrived yesterday evening and I have spent this morning trying to reconnect all the various devices:

There appears to be a very slight increase of signal strength to all devices. Upstairs still showing a fairly weak signal but connection not dropping out so far today. I have decided to purchase a range extender/wifi booster and shall add it to the network when it arrives later today. I am just a bit confused still as to why the wifi signal decided to get weaker after working fine for the past few years and at least 6 months of using a talktalk wifi hub.

The figure below are just to give a comparison between the 2 hubs should any community members find useful.

Finally I would like to thank you all for your input and suggestions and a big thankyou to debbie for arranging the replacement Hub. I shall aim to get to old one in the return post tomorrow.

Thanks again

Steve

The following readings were taken using my dashboard my WiFI managed advance settings and selecting each device separately. Device location in house U =upstairs D = downstairs. This was carried out 0940 hrs on 4/8/19 prior to receiving a test router and are taken for comparison

Band 1 (2.4GHz)

device

Signal rate

Mbps

Signal strength

dBM

Samsung TV

U

ipad

U

printer

D

Band 2 ?(5GHz)

Device

Signal rate

Signal strength

Iphone

d

Amazon Alexa

d

iphone used upstairs

u

New Router Test

Date 8 SEPT

Time 11.00

Band 1 (2.4GHz)

Device

Signal rate

Signal strength

Samsung TV

d

ipad

U

printer

D

Band 2 ?(5GHz)

Device

Signal rate

Signal strength

Iphone 8

D

Amazon Alexa

D

If iphone 8 moved upstairs

U

There appears to be a very slight increase of signal strength to all devices. Upstairs still showing a fairly weak signal but connection not dropping out so far today. I have decided to purchase a new range extender/wifi booster and shall add it to the network when it arrives later today. I am just a bit confused still as to why the wifi signal decided to get weaker after working fine for the past few years and at least 6 months of using a talktalk wifi hub

Community Team

Hi Steve

Apologies for the delay.

How has the connection been since your last post?

@KeithFrench provides really good advice on improving wireless performance. Could you help please Keith?

Thanks

Debbie

stevieg803
Participant

Hi Debbie,

thanks for you continued interest. The connection has been fine for the last day so hopefully we have cured the problem. I added a wifi booster /extender to my network today so hopefully have a slightly stronger signal upstairs now.

The assistance from yourself and other members of the community has been great and very much appreciated .

Thank you all again

Best Rgds

Steve

Community Team

Hi Steve

Thanks for keeping us updated, I'm glad to hear that the connection has improved 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

KeithFrench
Community Star

Sorry for the late reply, if you need my help at a later date, just let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

stevieg803
Participant

Hi Keith,

much appreciated and thanks again for your interest and assistance.

Much appreciated

Best Rgds

Steve