Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speeds

newboy
Conversation Starter
Message 21 of 21

HI, have been getting a speed of 20-21Mbps for the last 7 days. tried running line test in service centre, but it keeps looping when I get to "enter phone number", running test again.  Have done all checks, such as  new filter, use main socket and switch off router. Guaranteed speed is 30Mbps? renewal coming up in Jan and TalkTalk want me to upgrade??  Please help to sort this. Not getting anywhere near what I am paying for. Thanks.

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

@Kaylie_90, you won't get a reply from TT staff on another customer's thread. 

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic.

You also need to complete your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Kaylie_90
First Timer
Message 2 of 21

With TalkTalk 3 years this last year has been the worst constant drop in connection especially over weekend. Really struggling tonget anything at all this morning frustrated.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Hi, thanks for number.

Connection is as was two weeks ago, consistant, but still below supposed guaranteed minimum, which I noticed has dropped a few Gb lower than previous.

Have given up now, at least I have a connection. 

Thanks for all your help.

Stay safe.🖖

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Hi newboy

I'm really sorry to hear this.

To remove the call divert, please can you dial #21# from your landline.

Has the connection been working ok since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hi, update on my problem.

Following on from last post, connection came back on to pc on Sunday, stayed on.  Tried to use tablet but no wireless internet. Eventualy I checked available networks,and found one I thought I knew, checked back of router and found original pssword, internet back!  Agent had resett router without telling me!  By now too late to cancel engineer, but no need to worry, as he never turned up anyway!  Back to square one.  Good service??  A waste of a weekend.  Know how I can get temp call divert removed?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 21

Hi newboy,

I'm sorry to hear this and please let us know how you get on today.

Thanks

Message 7 of 21

Hi, just an update, managed to get to loyalty team who offered me an option to pay more than i am now,but 7pounds less than new customer??  Also he put me through to technical dept who insisted on doing a line check, which came back as faulty, arranged to send engineer, but would do more tests as well, which meant diconnecting me for about an hour.  Next day still off so rang again, after more checks, I was told there was a problem at exchange meaning could not test my line (again).  This happend last time I queried my rental.     strange but true. Awaiting engineer on Monday to see if setup is ok, if I am up and running again now, how can it be me.? (dont expect answer , just venting.)

Stay safe.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Hi newboy

Our Loyalty Team can look into this and discuss this with you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Hi, I thought that would be the case, unfortunatly it means I have to sinn up for another 18 mths.  Will see.

Thanks anyway 

Stay safe.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 21

Hi newboy,

Would it be possible to post back here once the restrictions change and we can look at arranging this for you? In regards to renewals or downgrading, this would need to be discussed directly with our Loyalty Team as we can't make these changes via the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi, I understand, will this be noted for future. or do I ask if and when things get back to normal?  Also if, I am to stay on speeds below gauranteed, do I get a refund or is it circumstances beyond etc...

as I up for renewal do I downgrade?  So many choices. 

Thanks for reply.

Stay safe.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

OK thanks. We would really need to arrange an engineer to investigate further but unfortunately due to current Covid restrictions we are only really able to book engineer visits for total loss of service, I'm really sorry for any inconvenience

Chris

Message 13 of 21

Hi, Chris,  just tested phone on its own, and it was still not as clear as it was,  as if it was breaking up slightly.  Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi newboy,

Happy New Year,

Just to confirm, if you connect just your telephone to the test socket (router disconnected), do you still hear the noise?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi,

A Happy new year to you, (I hope it is!)

I have one socket, and one extension socket, only phone and router connected.  I Have had router connected to test socket for 24hrs, both ways with intermitent interferrence. Speed has dropped lower as well.  Still cannot complete line test via servic centre. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 21

Hi newboy,

Hope you had a good Christmas

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router and a telephone?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket? If it does, do you still hear the crackle with telephone connected to test socket and router disconnected?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for reply, hope you had a good Christmas.

Have checked, and yes I have  noise on line, making it difficult to hear a person on line, Crackle type of sound.

Thanks.

Stay safe.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi newboy

I'm sorry for the delay.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault with the landline service and this can affect the BB connection.

Is your landline service working ok when making calls? (any noise on the line)

Thanks

Debbie

newboy
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 21
Hi, did reply earlier, but cannot find it, so, Have tried test socket, but just the same. Will await reply from engineers, but as I say renewal due soon, Thanks again to Skynet_TX for reply. Stay safe.
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 20 of 21

Hi @newboy,

Staff here will have a backlog of posts from over Christmas to get through, but they will hopefully be able to respond later in the week to help further, if the service centre is indicating that there is some issue then the staff here will be able to run some more detailed tests to try to find the cause of the problem.

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could try the router in there (if you have not done that already), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.