Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed problem

Emik123
First Timer
Message 20 of 20

Hi guys

I have a problem with my broadband speed. Exactly at the same time 3 days in a row between 7-8pm my speed goes down to 3mbps instead 30mbps. It looks like talk talk cut speed in my area. All days is perfect. Any ideas or maybe someone has/had same problem. Cheers

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi

Can you test the speed wired.  What does a wired speed test show.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hello

There is still an issue. Wifi speed on picture after 8pm. 

Screenshot_20211106-201519_Speedtest.jpg

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Morning,

Thanks for the update. Can I just confirm, was this a wired or wireless speed test?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

19-21mbps 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi

What speeds are you seeing ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi

Yes big improvement. It looks like everything back to normal last night however signal is fluctuating at this moment ( 4pm )

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Morning,

Just checking in to see if there was any improvement last night?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hello,

I've now been advised that an issue has been identified and our team are just working on resolving this. They said they will confirm as soon as the fix has been implemented.

Thanks

Message 9 of 20

Hello,

I'm really sorry about this. I've escalated this further as I've still not received an update on this. I will continue to keep an eye on this until I hear back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi

Another check after 8pm. 

I understand that I will pay half of my monthly payment.

Screenshot_20211101-200126_Speedtest.jpg

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Morning,

Apologies. This has been raised to our Network Engineers to investigate and I've chased for an update this morning. As soon as I hear back I will post back here.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi

After week my speed is still not as should be. Please see attached screenshot took after 9pm

Screenshot_20211031-213048_Speedtest.jpg

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi

I've logged this out to Openreach for investigation as one of our tests is showing an issue. Check back in 48hrs for any updates.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hi its my speed at this moment on wifi and second picture is on wire. The worst day since 5 days

Screenshot_20211025-150935_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211025-145934_Speedtest.jpg

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Morning,

Would it be possible to run some wired speed tests using the TalkTalk Speed Tester when the speeds are ok and also when the speeds drop and we can then pass this over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi. Yes during all day is ok. 

Now is 8.30 and speed is 6mbs

Screenshot_20211022-202905_Speedtest.jpg

 second picture during day

Screenshot_20211020-100530_Speedtest.jpg

0 Likes

Emik123
First Timer
Message 17 of 20

Right now my speed is around 6mbps. All day is perfect. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 20

Hi Emik123

I'm sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, is the speed ok during the day?

When the speed drops have you tried running a wired speed test? (with no other devices connected or in use)

The line test is clear and the line is in sync at 33mb.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 19 of 20

Hi @Emik123,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.