cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

strange happenings on my pc

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo

Apologies for this. We don't have an email address for the Community.

If you contact our Faults Team directly using Live Chat they can discuss this further with you.

Thanks

Debbie

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie sorry about all this im confusing myself at the moment , but is the engineer still coming on the 1st of october , only i did have an appointment at hospital that day but have now cancelled it so that i will be here ok .Once again thank you for your help . Regards Mrs Magoo 

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

it takes me 15 minutes to even get this page up as internet has gone right down to 763 downstream and 507 up  and errors in router saying no carrier so hope you got my last message about the engineers visit  1st october as i will be here all day as ive cancelled my hospital for that day Regards Mrs Magoo . 

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo,

Yes the appointment is still booked for the 1st Oct, please let us know how you get on

Chris

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Thanks Chris I will let you know how it goes , once again thank you . Regards mrs magoo

Community Team
Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Chris and Debbie , just to let you know that the engineer has been out and found a fault where Bt had been working  on the park. i now have a landline , but internet has gone right down to 1024 downstream and 507 upstream, and it was always up in the 2-3 area . its to slow to load a video on facebook and my security system cant record at this speed . Is there any chance you could tweek it back to where it was before so at least my security system will record video , and i can watch some of the funny videos my grandchildren put on facebook , il be forever grateful  to you , and your help has been greatly appreciated in solving my problems  

Regards mrs magoo 

Community Team

Hi Mrs M

I've reset the port and optimised DLM now the fault has possibly been fixed.

Sync speed showing now at : 2.7mb

Thanks

Karl. 

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Thank you Karl, fingers crossed all going to be ok now .

Regards mrs magoo

Community Team
Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi there again my internet has been acting up tonight and the red light came on then turned green again like something had  been changed again , but doesnt show disconnected in the router  and now when i click on something to browse i get that little circle going round and round , while it loads up  and only yesterday it was perfect for me , any suggestions please . Regards mrs magoo 

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. How is the voice service at the moment?

Thanks

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Good afternoon, on this rainy horrible day. My landline is ok at the moment just a few crackles when i first pick it up, but the bt engineer said that bt will be renewing the rest of the wiring  here where i live so its no problem at the moment  and at least its working  thanks to the help on here . Internet dodgy but then the weather doesnt help and i can get online eventually so maybe it will get better when the rain stops .  

Regards Mrs Magoo

Community Team

Hi

I've reset the port to see if this helps, and the SNR has reduced.

If there are wiring issues in the area waiting for BT to resolve, then performance may not improve until this is addressed.

Thanks

Karl. 

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi there again, sorry to be a pain in da butt, but my speed has dropped right down again , and it was perfect when someone tweeked it the other day and it was testing at 25 something and now its gone back down to 1.7 the bt engineer tested it and all was working perfectly  , except for a slight noise on phone but internet was great    is it possible to give it a tweek again please as its so slow i cant watch  my funnies on utube  , thanks in advance  Regards mrs magoo 

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've optimised your connection again, please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Good morning Debbie, and thank you for your reply, i will see how it goes today and will let you know ok . Regards Mrs Magoo

Community Team
Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie Michelle Karl, and everyone who has helped with my problems , well  internet still abit laggy and slow in loading pages  and still a bit of crackling on the phone, but i can put up with that  and am just waiting to see when bt are going to renew the rest of the wiring where i live  so hopefully i wont bother you unless it gets really bad again  , im saying that with fingers crossed haha  But once again thanks a million you are greatly appreciated by me .

Regards Mrs Magoo 

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo

If you are still experiencing noise on the line then we can arrange for this to be investigated further.

Please let us know if you would like us to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie