cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

strange happenings on my pc

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie, and its only a slight crackle on the line , not like it was before when i couldnt hear the person speaking, so il leave it as it is at the moment if thats ok with you, and if it gets worse il get in contact  with you  and thanks for all the help what would i do without the community hey .

Regards Mrs Magoo

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo

Of course, no problem 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Good morning all,  hate to tell you once again but   something has gone wrong with my internet again and i did the test with talk talk and its says my broadband could be better , but this morning it has taken me 10 minutes to just upload your site . hopefully you can give it another tweek for me if you dont mind . i wont be able to tell you today if it gets any better as ive got hospital appointment and that means nearly a day  of waiting about . sorry to have to message you all again . but thanks in advance . 

Regards Mrs Magoo

Community Team

Hi

I've made a change from here to help improve the connection. As the line length is nearly 10km the connection is never going to be perfect.

Thanks

Karl. 

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Good morning Karl, thanks for that  and i do understand that the length of the line plays a big part in my connection but the engineer who came out a few weeks ago done something and it was fine , but this morning it seems so slow in loading things and the wireless is nearly non existant  even with my phone in the same room, so can ya tweek it a bit more plzzz  Debbie done it before and it was ok and in the router   it said 3100 down and now 2600 and  i know i dont get that speed  but im not after fast speeds as i dont download or watch films  i just email and social media and  utube thanks in advance .   Regards Mrs Magoo.

Community Team

Hi

I've optimised the connection this morning and this has reduced the SNR so should improve the connection.  

Thanks

Karl. 

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Karl im sorry but i forgot to tell you that when the engineer came out he said the same about my wi-fi, but then said il  tweek your wi-fi i think, and it was going fine until i messaged the forum . if i got a wi-fi extender would it help at all .

Regards Mrs Magoo

Community Team

Hi

If the connect goes slow to wired devices then this would also affect anything connected by wifi.

If wifi is slow in general or dropping, it can depend on the devices around you, thickness of the walls in your home etc.  

If you find wifi is poor only in other parts of the home, then an extender may help.  If wifi is poor in the same room as the router then I would advise to try other wifi channels.

Thanks

Karl. 

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Karl, thats what the engineer done change the wifi channel, i know how to get into router and see the channels but is there any channels you could suggest at the moment its on 9-116, i just dont want to muck it up .

Regards Mrs Magoo

Community Team

Hi

Looking at the Wifi Signals around you, there are other channels in use that could potentially interfere.  I'll out you on channel 3 and see if this helps.

Here is a graph of the wifi channels around you at the moment.

Karl

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Thanks Karl il see how it goes , and let you know  as ive scanned for malware and virus but nothing shown .                           Regards Mrs Magoo

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie, well it has got a bit better but still buffering before things load , its a lot  slower than whatever you changed it to for me  before .  

Regards Mrs Magoo

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One
Hi again Debbie , ive run some speed tests including talktalk, and it is very slow they are all showing 1.5 mbps and 06 mbps and as you know it was up near the 3000 mark although im only getting some of that . sorry to bother you again but its never been that slow before .
Regards Mrs Magoo
Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo,

I've optimised the connection now. Could you let us know if their is any improvement in speed please?

Thanks

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Good morning Michelle, and yes its better now still a bit of buffering but way better than before, so thank you so much fingers crossed it stays like it .

Regards Mrs Magoo

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how the connection compares over the next 24-48hrs 🙂

Thanks

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One
Will do and thank you . Regards Mrs Magoo.
Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi there well i hate to say it but this broadband has got worse again  and its not even letting my security and alarm  system  record , and they have been perfect until lately just a few hiccups  , so im going to ask for an honest opinion does anyone on here think its worth my getting fibre with talktalk  only my pc has never gone this slow but will fibre make it any better , hmmmm that is the question .                     Regards Mrs Magoo