Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

strange happenings on my pc

Community Team

Mrs Magoo

Apologies for this.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie, yes it is connected to the test socket, but ive noticed BT are digging again just a few yards from my home and ive also noticed that my phone is acting up again so maybe its them again like last time when you got the  engineer to come engineer came and found my wires were all left hanging out of the box  when they were here last time , but its extremely slow at the moment and i dont download anything or  watch films but when its this slow even my security system doesnt work. 

Regards Mrs Magoo 

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo

Thanks for your reply.

What issues are you experiencing with the landline? Has the noise returned when making calls?

Debbie

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie , its only a slight noise not like the noise before  but have noticed a few times when ive dialled out that the line seems dead , so try again and its ok but have noticed this only over the last week but with Bt here anything can happen , and it always happens to me .awwww only joking . but did that test thing on talktalk and it says im near some  limit for downloading so talk to us about fibre But i dont download anything at all  so that cant be right . 

Regards Mrs Magoo

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to remove everything from the line (router, phone and faceplate) for 1hr so we can run a line test whilst nothing is connected?

Thanks

Debbie

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie im sorry but as you know im only partially sighted and im unable to do this, but had to phone talktalk this morning over my bill, and they said im on a priority list because of my sight problems and that  they send a service engineer out to do  these tests because im unable to do it unless someone is visiting me and then they do it . 

Regards Mrs Magoo .   PS  will keep you informed as to what is happening .

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo,

I'm sorry for the delay and thanks for letting us know. Has this been booked in already or would you like us to arrange this for you?

Thanks

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Good morning all, and Michelle it has been booked for the 7th november so i will keep you informed of what happens ok .

Regards Mrs Magoo

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo,

Thanks for confirming this 🙂

Thanks

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie , would you be so kind as to just tweek my internet again only its down to 1.5 this morning and it has taken me 15 minutes to load the community site up , and i need to do a shop online today. im sorry to be a pain but  someone is coming out  later in the week so if you could just give me a bit more speed it might last till they come .. i was also told that due to my health issues i could go on a priority list , and they would send me a form to fill in and my dr to fill in but that was over a week ago so dont know if you could give them a nudge in case they have forgotten  as ive not recieved anything yet .

Regards Mrs Magoo 

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo,

Sorry to hear your speed has dropped again. I can restart the optimisation process which may result in a speed increase, would you like me to do this?

Chris

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hiya Chris and it would be much appreciated if you could up my speed as its just taking so long to load things up, cant understand whats happened to it  was always about  3100 download and i got about 2.8 which was ok , but thanks so much Chris .

Regards Mrs Magoo 

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo,

I've restarted the optimsation process, hopefully you'll see your speed improve

Thanks

Chris

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Thank you so much Chris, il let you know how it goes ok .

Regards Mrs Magoo.

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hiya all, well engineer came out and its no better and i cant even get into my router now god knows what he has done , but if you can help id really appreciate it as i know how to get into the router and check things but im locked out now, as it says not valid oh deary me it never rains it pours .

Regards Mrs Magoo 

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One
Hi again well my brother has done the router login for me , but speed is awful its like its been locked at 2 mbps which is no good at all to me as ive had better speeds for months now and everything was hunky dory, i dont really know what to do now as all of you on here have done a lot to help me by getting the speed up a bit then its cut back down again , so i think i might have to think about changing suppliers as you know i rely on my pc for everything and even my security system does not operate when its this slow . i have put a complaint into talktalk, and await there response as i hate the thought of changing suppliers but have got to do something and hoping you can suggest something as to what is my best option even if i try fibre . Regards Mrs Magoo
Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo

I'm really sorry to hear that this fault is still ongoing.

I've tried the line optimisation again and the sync speed has increased to just under 4mb.

I can escalate your complaint so this can be discussed further with a Complaints Manager, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Hiya Debbie sorry ive not replied before but had to attend hospital, but if it stayed like that its ok and not buffering  at all at the moment , and cant thank you enough as this is plenty fast enough to run my security system as long as it dont go again (typing that with my fingers crossed ) , so dont think il complain at the moment if thats ok with you . 

Regards Mrs Magoo

Community Team

Hi Mrs Magoo

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is showing in sync for just over 2 days and 2 hours at just under 4mb.

Thanks

Debbie

Mrs Magoo
Enlightened One

Good morning , and thank you Debbie everything going ok at the moment .

Regards Mrs Magoo