Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

talktalk offers

billaber
Super Duper Contributor
Message 19 of 19

HI I saw an advert for fast broadband plus any time phone calls for £22.00 pm the offer also included a £50 voucher upon completion of signing up. The offer was on the monry supermarket comparison site. When I clicked on the link I was directed to the talktalk site and asked to provide my email address so they new where to send the voucher. However when i continued to the next stage the offer described above had gone. The offer in it's place was for £19.95 pm and the cost any boosts I had would be added later. This would bring my total to £27.45. So instead of paying £22 as stated and saving £5.50 pm on my present contract I would only be saving  £0.55. Can anyone explain this the offer ends tomorrow

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

It can be a tiresome process, although personally I have mostly arranged my renewals via live chat, I prefer it that way and you do get written confirmation effectively there and then.

TalkTalk do undertake to make the same deals available to existing customers within 90 days of their contract end date as they do to new customers. So make sure they stick to that.

0 Likes

billaber
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 19
jehu 44
I had also tried the chat line to no avail as they have no authority to offer any deals as explained by the agent i spoke to. When I called the customer service number above they also could not offer a cheaper alternative deal it was only when I said I would leave at the end of my contract for one of the cheaper deals available on the comparison site that he put me through to the loyalty team. Again the agent was unable to offer a better deal and when I again said I would then leave at the end of my contract she said she would contact her manager who then offered the deal I agreed to. Very long winded process but got there in the end

Bill
0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

OK, that's fine, it doesn't matter though if you have found a deal that you're happy with. 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Sorry but I don't understand that explanation at all. It doesn't explain why Talktalk advertise one price which then disappears when you visit their website.  In fact from My Account, with some perseverance, I found that the £20 offer for 24 months is currently available to me, as is the £23.95 for 18 months.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

@jehu44 It is just the way the internet works, try clearing cookies and cache, or use a separate "clean" browser to click through any third-party offers.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Interesting thread, thank you. I am currently being bombarded with Talktalk adverts on various websites. The advert offers fast broadband at £20 per month for a 24 month contract. When I click the advert for more information I reach Talktalk's website offering £23.95 for 18 months. This practice is quite likely to deter potential customers. I tried the Chat service but they could offer me no explanation. All they wanted was to get me to renew my contract.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi Bill

The deal you negotiated with the Loyalty Team looks well worth the effort.  I'm pleased you took the time to contact Loyalty and even more pleased that you took time out to let us know.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

billaber
Super Duper Contributor
Message 8 of 19
Hi Gondola

Just a quick update, I called the loyalty team as you suggested, a bit of a long winded process, and have now signed an 18 month contract for faster fibre broadband plus anytime calls for £24.95 (which is less than I was paying before) so well worth the effort

Thank you very much for your help

bill

Message 9 of 19

Hi billaber

If you didn't complete the order, there isn't much I can do. 

0 Likes

billaber
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 19

oce Arne are you there?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

That may be the problem, I don't think the free Boost offer will apply if you already have the Boost on your account as this will automatically carry over.

0 Likes

billaber
Super Duper Contributor
Message 12 of 19

yes £20 faster broadband and £7.50 for anytime boost total £27.50

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Do you already have the Anytime UK Calls Boost by any chance?

0 Likes

billaber
Super Duper Contributor
Message 14 of 19

No I was unable to complete the order as when I clicked continue the offer had disappeared. Instead of £22 for faster broadband and any time calls it had changed to £19.95 for faster broadband and the cost of the boosts including any time calls would be added meaning very little or no saving at all.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi @billaber

Did you complete the order ?  if you completed the order I can help. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi @billaber

This topic is already escalated into the OCE workflow as of yesterday.

But the Loyalty Team aren't going to contact you except towards the end of your contract period as it outlines in this TalkTalk Fairer Broadband Charter.

What offer did you get from the Loyalty Team?

0 Likes

billaber
Super Duper Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Hi Gondola

Thank you for your reply. I agree this does look like sharp practice by talktalk.Is there no reward for loyal customers?

Any of the talktalk employees care to respond?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

Hi @billaber

The TalkTalk Black Friday comes early offers will remain available up to 29 November. 

The MoneySuperMarket voucher offer ends tomorrow but that is an offer made by that particular affiliate for attracting new customers to TalkTalk. The terms and conditions on the website and in the emailed information (item 3) do state new customers only.  That's because the affiliate is incentivised for attracting new customers not for existing customer renewals.

As for why the £17 Fast Broadband offer, £22 with UK calls included, gets converted to a £19.95 price for Fast Broadband only when the customer lands on the TalkTalk Sales page is, in my opinion, unacceptable because inevitably it's going to put new and existing customers off.

Even more so when Fibre customers have recently been rewarded with Faster Fibre including UK calls for only £19.95.

I'd recommend you contact the Loyalty Team and ask for their lowest price on Fast Broadband with UK calls.  Calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088, Option 1, are free from your TalkTalk phone (8am to 8pm) just say you're seeing better deals elsewhere (Post Office £15.90 Fast Broadband including 3 months free Anytime Plus calls) and would like to know what the Loyalty Team can offer.