Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timed out accessing the Admiral Insurance site login

Sherbs_Hoo
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Hi - I have the same problem reported in another post by @Burglar53 . Blocked website access - Appears to be a router level issue We cannot access the Admiral insurance site https://myaccount.admiral.com/ via our router:- D-LINK DSL-3782 'Super router'. The connection times out. Have tried Firefox, Safari and Chrome browsers. Have tried various smartphones, laptops and desktop computers accessing the site via the router, same result. Turned off Homesafe

Please can you advise how I obtain a log file like the original poster or even if I need a new router as well? Thanks for anything you can advise on this.

---====Sherbs====---
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Sherbs_Hoo

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad to hear that this is now working ok.

I'm not sure why the router was causing the issue but I have fed this back to the team.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

installed the new router and can now successfully load the admiral insurance login page. Thanks for your help in solving the issue. I suppose I should ask why the router should make a difference?

---====Sherbs====---

Message 3 of 13

Hi Sherbs_Hoo

Ok, you should hopefully receive the replacement router today, please can you test with this and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi...yes Homesafe was switched off. Note my post earlier that I *can* access the website via my current DLINK router when using a VPN. Hope this helps.

---====Sherbs====---
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi @Sherbs_Hoo thanks for that feedback, made my day! I'm sure  @Debbie-TalkTalk will help you get to the root cause. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 6 of 13

Hi Sherbs_Hoo

This shouldn't be blocked. Have you logged into My Account to check HomeSafe hasn't been switched on?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

@Debbie-TalkTalk@Divsec I've now tried accessing via a VPN over my current DLINK router and this time could successfully access the website. So is the root cause really the router or actually something blocking the site at the ISP's end?

---====Sherbs====---

Message 8 of 13

Hi Sherbs_Hoo

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Message 9 of 13

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk yes happy for you to go ahead and send a router 😊.   Thanks.

---====Sherbs====---

Message 10 of 13

Hi - yes did you notice in my message I posted "Have tried Firefox, Safari and Chrome browsers. " ? Have not tried VPN, however, so will give that a go.

---====Sherbs====---
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi Sherbs_Hoo

I'm sorry for the delay.

Are you happy for me to send a different router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @Sherbs_Hoo have you tried either  a different  browser  or a vpn?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.