Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

up and down connection

redempiredragon
Participant
Message 14 of 14

I keep getting connection problems with my broadband. It keeps dropping. I was on web page looking at the news when it dropped about 3 times and stay down, so I left it for a bit and it come back up about 2 hour later. I went to the BBC sports page to hear the cricket and I could not keep up with what's going on and connection kept dropping.  

When internet come back up, I went to TalkTalk web page and it said there was a problem with my connection and so I run a line test. I got a message on my mobile say there was not a problem. 

As I am typing this the internet went down about 3 or 4 times. 

I have been getting connection problems for a bit. I would like someone at TalkTalk to please keep an eye on it and try to fix it. I am putting this down the green box at end of the road and not TalkTalk. 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi redempiredragon

Thanks for keeping us updated.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

As Openreach modem is working and I been ok for about 5 days. All seems ok and so for now won't need a engineer but will get back to you if things turn bad again.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi

As all tests are clear, then we can proceed to book an openreach engineer for you.  

I'll drop you a PM to confirm some details to allow this to progress.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Can you book  an Openreach engineer then

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi redempiredragon

We can only send a replacement router. An Openreach engineer visit would be required to replace the Openreach modem if they found it to be faulty.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

My TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub. is fine as the Lan don't drop. As for the  openreach g fast modam that would be nice. But if my phone line go down now and then too then logic says it wont be my openreach g fast modam or am I wrong ?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi redempiredragon

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Nope not tested with different router. its a openreach g fast modam with a TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub.

Edit: Just to add. That's all I got so can't try out another one.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi redempiredragon

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Have you recently tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

@Skynet_TX  Thank you. When my phone went down I try it on test socket and it did not maters, it was dead. My phone drops now and then but internet drops a lot more.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 14

Ok, so that does indicate the router is losing connection with the internet.

The NTE 5C socket does have a test socket inside, you just squeeze the sides of the bottom half of the socket and that allows you to remove the faceplate, the test socket is then visible behind.

Message 12 of 14

@Skynet_TX  Both DSL and internet light go off. I don't have a test scoket on my master phone socket. I have a master socket 5c. Thank you for replying.

Just to add I made notes of when my internet went down between 17:00 and 20:00. At one point it went down for 47 mins. Also not long after I started to post then phone went down but it's back up.

17.02 = 3 mins. 17:06 = 47 mins. 18:02 = 8 mins. 18:25 = 2 mins. 18:31 = 7 ins. 19:16 = 6 mins. 19:24 = 1 min. 19:27 = 1 min. 19:29 = 15 mins at this point it pop up and for a sec then dropped 19:4 = 2 mins. 19:47 = 3. 19:51 = 9 mins
after that it stay up for 50 mins then went down for about 2 mins.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi @redempiredragon,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

If the router is losing connection with the internet, then if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line). Also, If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes