cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elusive Chat system

Jacqueline76
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

After trying to find the Chat system which is heavily highlighted in many places I contacted Talktalk by phone to ask how  to get to it.  They gave me a link...which didn't work....and kept me hanging on the phone for ages ...then just  cut me off!  I've just had to  use this as I can't even find how to post a question...clicking on the post "ask question" tab just doesn't work!

9 REPLIES 9

StephenF
Community Manager
Message 1 of 10

Hey @Jacqueline76  thanks for the feedback, it looks like others have helped sign point chat, if you search for chat it should be the top result in search taking you to Our live chat team  who will be able to help, you can also post in one of the community support board, just selecet the product you need help with from Help with your service and start a new topic 

Stephen, Community Manager
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Use Chrome.  Firefox works because that's what I used to demonstrate the screenshot to you. From Firefox Help select Troubleshoot mode (assuming you're using a current version of Firefox)

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Weevie
Enlightened One
Message 3 of 10

OK It now works in Chrome - but not IE or Firefox

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 10

On the link you have posted, @Weevie, I see this, and that's working on my smartphone in Chrome.

Screenshot_20210629-105043_Chrome.jpg

But otherwise I prefer the link that shows on this page, along with the lists of opening hours etc:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

It's still on a blue background, but the change in the look is not particularly helpful!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 5 of 10

@Weevie wrote: Do you mean on https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529#chat ?

Yes, and here's what you should see when selecting the Chat now button if your browser or related security software wasn't blocking the Chat function from working.  On Chrome enter in the address bar chrome://settings/reset to do a reset and clean up.

Chat now button.png

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Do you mean on https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529#chat ?

Not for me it doesn't on Chrome, IE or Firefox

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Scroll down, select the Chat now button and the chat window will open up on the bottom left of screen when chat is available.

If you don't ever see a chat window then your browser has cookie/tracker blocking that needs pausing to enable chat to work. Try a browser that has no add-ons or extensions and you will see that Chat does work.

0 Likes

Weevie
Enlightened One
Message 8 of 10

You say there's a link to LIVE CHAT

But there's NO live chat available on the link !

This is not very user friendly is it ?

As is the whole of the new website

And I am fed up with covid being used as an excuse for poor customer service !

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Jacqueline76 

On the TalkTalk Community Home page there's an Ask now button but also there's guidance in the Getting Help page.

The link to the Chat team is in the Help Article Our Live Chat Team

How would you like to see the site improved in relation to your visit?

Tip: when you select the above links you'll inevitably see the Search Box 'What are you looking for' header so just scroll down to see the rest of the page.

0 Likes